Five Stars

Several 'Share libraries from maven to nexus server' errors when starting Studio

We have recently configured TAC 6.3.1 and can connect remotely through Studio, but we get several of the following errors (screenshot). Nexus is running and is showing green checkmarks in the Configuration page. I can also navigate to the page using a web browser. TAC and nexus are running on RHEL 7.2. Studio is running from Windows 10. Where should I start to resolve these errors?

Capture.PNG

There are also several errors such as this in the Studio log on the client PC for various .jar files:

java.lang.Exception: Share libraries :jsr311-api-1.1.1-6.0.0.jar failed !
at org.talend.librariesmanager.maven.ShareLibrareisHelper.shareLibs(ShareLibrareisHelper.java:207)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.ui.startup.ShareLibsJob.run(ShareLibsJob.java:63)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: https://servername:9443/nexus/content/repositories/talend-custom-libs/org/talend/libraries/jsr311-api-1.1.1/6.0.0/jsr311-api-1.1.1-6.0.0.jar
at org.talend.librariesmanager.maven.ArtifactsDeployer.installToRemote(ArtifactsDeployer.java:190)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.maven.ArtifactsDeployer.installToRemote(ArtifactsDeployer.java:162)
at org.talend.librariesmanager.maven.ShareLibrareisHelper.shareLibs(ShareLibrareisHelper.java:203)
... 2 moreCaused by: org.talend.commons.exception.BusinessException: Deploy failed: 400 Bad Request
at org.talend.librariesmanager.maven.ArtifactsDeployer.installToRemote(ArtifactsDeployer.java:186)
... 4 mor

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Several 'Share libraries from maven to nexus server' errors when starting Studio

I have found the problem. When we first installed TAC with nexus, we didn't change the 'nexus' script located here:
$TALEND_HOME/tac/Artifact-Repository-Nexus-V2.11.3-01/nexus-2.11.3-01/bin

The offending clause was:  RUN_AS_USER=root

We have a policy to not run services as root if possible. So we changed the user to the Talend user.

However, when nexus was first started about a month ago, it was started as root.

This caused several folders to change ownership under 'root'. I had to change these to be owned by the talend user/group. The two folders that were having issues were 'talend-custom-libs-release' and 'talend-custom-libs-snapshot.' There were several hidden directories that were also owned by root that needed to be changed.

Once I changed those directory permissions, I stopped getting '500 server' errors in nexus.

I also changed the configuration in TAC to point to the correct folders.

Then I restarted Studio, and the required .jar files loaded successfully.

2 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: Several 'Share libraries from maven to nexus server' errors when starting Studio

I have found the problem. When we first installed TAC with nexus, we didn't change the 'nexus' script located here:
$TALEND_HOME/tac/Artifact-Repository-Nexus-V2.11.3-01/nexus-2.11.3-01/bin

The offending clause was:  RUN_AS_USER=root

We have a policy to not run services as root if possible. So we changed the user to the Talend user.

However, when nexus was first started about a month ago, it was started as root.

This caused several folders to change ownership under 'root'. I had to change these to be owned by the talend user/group. The two folders that were having issues were 'talend-custom-libs-release' and 'talend-custom-libs-snapshot.' There were several hidden directories that were also owned by root that needed to be changed.

Once I changed those directory permissions, I stopped getting '500 server' errors in nexus.

I also changed the configuration in TAC to point to the correct folders.

Then I restarted Studio, and the required .jar files loaded successfully.

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your solution here. Could you please mark your topic as resolved?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.