Setting up Talend in TFS

Seven Stars

Setting up Talend in TFS

Hi,

We are working in a team and thinking of adding Talend Open Studio for Data Integration in TFS. However we find that after extracting the zip that its total size is 3.88 GB. Do we need to add this complete folder in TFS?

Also one more thing what if 2 or more developers are working on the same job in TFS. In that scenarios how to manage integration of Jobs while checkingin into TFS. As it is very much possible that both developers could have done changes in some component (connector)?

Accepted Solutions
Sixteen Stars

Re: Setting up Talend in TFS

Can you accept answers to questions please. It helps other users know that questions have been and also encourages other users to respond to questions. Thanks :-)

All Replies
Sixteen Stars

You only need to put the "Workspace" folder in TFS.

I would highly recommend that you put safeguards in place to make sure developers are NOT working on the same code at the same time. This will cause you a lot of issues. The TAC (Talend Administration Center) mitigates for the problems of multiple developers, but that is what you pay for.

Seven Stars

Hi,

Can multiple developers work on the same job at the same time but on different components? Will this cause any integration related issues in TFS?

Sixteen Stars

Developers should never work on the same job at the same time.

Sixteen Stars

Did this answer your question? 

Sixteen Stars

Can you accept answers to questions please. It helps other users know that questions have been and also encourages other users to respond to questions. Thanks :-)

One Star

This is 2018 and I am curious if anyone has successfully set up Microsoft TFS integrated with Talend.

If it is possible, what is the process and what are the drawbacks or advantages over CVS or other technologies.

i.e.  client has TFS and to use another tool there could be license issues.   i.e. SVN?