Setting classpath during Run/Advanced Settings

One Star

Setting classpath during Run/Advanced Settings

Hello,
I am attempting to set the classpath on the Run  Job/Advanced Settings screen. But Talend cannot recognize the command.
Here is my argument
-cp"C:\MyDirectory\Components".
1) Talend constantly removes the space between the -cp and the directory.
Anyone can suggest how to set the Argument for the classpath?

Re: Setting classpath during Run/Advanced Settings

Hi,
Do you want to set classpath in Run/Advanced settings for installing custom component? What does your job requirement look like?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Xdshi. Thanks for responding. That is correct. Inside of the Run Job, I have a component that runs an external JAR (already included). The first thing this JAR does is it 
looks for a configuration file in the classpath directory specified. 
I get the following errors with the options I tried below :
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Unrecognized option: 
-cp:C:\MyDirectory\Components
-cp:"C:\MyDirectory\Components"
-XX:cp="C:\MyDirectory\Components"

Hi,
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Installing a custom component?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Xdshi,
Yes I have. Nothing related to setting classpath. I may have found a possible solution but need an expert  to verify. In File/Edit Project Properties/Build/Shell/BAT, there is a entry stating the following where %NXCAS_CP% was entered by myself:
%~d0
cd %~dp0
java ${talend.job.jvmargs} -cp %NXCAS_CP% ${talend.job.bat.classpath} ${talend.job.class} ${talend.job.bat.addition} %*
How do I configure this so this system variable is always entered in the build path.
Thanks.
Max 

Hi Max, 
We will make an investigation on your issue then come back to you as soon as we can.
Best regards
Sabrina
--