Setting a File Trigger using FTP?

Four Stars

Setting a File Trigger using FTP?

I have up to 20 data feeds coming from various sources via FTP. I would like to trigger each respective job using a file trigger, so when a file comes in within X minutes, the trigger detects the presence of the file and fires the job. I notice that in Job Conductor I can only set a file trigger that resides on an app server.
Any suggestions to keep this simple?
Community Manager

Re: Setting a File Trigger using FTP?

Hello
I notice that in Job Conductor I can only set a file trigger that resides on an app server.

In a job, uing a ftp component to get the fiels on local folder, and using a twaitForFile to monitor the folder, fires a processing once a new file is created.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Thank you for the response. To confirm, should I use the tWaitForFile as the first component in my job? Originally I had a tFTPFileExists that found if the file was there then the rest of the job would complete, otherwise it would error out and send an email stating the file isn't there.
Community Manager

Thank you for the response. To confirm, should I use the tWaitForFile as the first component in my job?

yes, it will fires the rest of the job if a new files is created in the monitored folder.
20 data feeds coming from various sources via FTP.

What do you mean you have 20 data feeds? They are different ftp server?
tWaitForFile--iterate---the rest of the job.

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Thank you for the response. To confirm, should I use the tWaitForFile as the first component in my job?

yes, it will fires the rest of the job if a new files is created in the monitored folder.
20 data feeds coming from various sources via FTP.

What do you mean you have 20 data feeds? They are different ftp server?
tWaitForFile--iterate---the rest of the job.

Best regards
Shong

Sorry for the mis-understanding. Each job processes just one file. Here is what I had prior to introducing the tWaitForFile...