One Star

Sending an email and sms on updating the oracle table

I have a scenario in which a table is there called people ,when the user updates some information like phone num,email,address in the same table ,an email and sms should be sent to him that the information is updated successfully.is there any way to do in talend.
9 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

Re: Sending an email and sms on updating the oracle table

email is easy, you can use tSendMail component but SMS, I do not think though.

Hi,
I think you also need the CDC function which is only available in talend enterprise subscription version to get your changed data.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

thanks for your replies but is it possible with talend ESB 5.1..i think CDC is not there...
and is it possible to call an oracle trigger through a talend job as we call procedure..
as i am thinking to write a trigger which will be fired after updation in table and same trigger will insert changed data in a new table .
for this i am thinking to call a trigger in talend and then tsendmail component..but which is a component to call a
trigger.

thanks....

Hi,
In talend, you can call a function or stored procedure by t<DB>Sp(toracleSp).
Please see the KB article TalendHelpCenter:Calling a stored procedure or function
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

thanks again ..
i know about toraclesp but is there any way to call a trigger in talend

Hi,
Oracle Database automatically executes a trigger when a specified event takes place, which may be in the form of a system event or a DML statement being issued against the table.
For your case, define a trigger to insert the change data into a log_table, In talend, use a tOracleInput to read this table, if there exists change data, send an email to user with tsendemail
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks sabrina..
this is perfectly fine but i want something like this ..whenever that trigger is executed instantly email should be sent.
writing trigger is not a problem only how will talend come to know that trigger is fired and email is to be sent now.

thanks...

Hi,
The trigger is executed by Oracle database whenever a specified event happens, but Talend will not know when the trigger will be fired. I just want to know, how the table will be updated?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

hiii
there is a table named address .for e.g. when the customer changes his email then email column in address table will be updated now an email should be sent to that customer via a talend job on his old as well as new mail address saying that your email is changed successfully
kindly help on this
thanks and regards