Send file with dynamic file name though tSendmail

Six Stars

Send file with dynamic file name though tSendmail

Hi,

Can someone advise me below? Thank you so much!

I am trying to use tSendmail component to send file with current date. I put below in tsendmail file attachment - 

"C:/Users/....../E106_Error_report_"+TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMddHHmmss",TalendDate.getCurrentDate())+".US.DWLOGN"

and I got below error - 

Capture.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: Send file with dynamic file name though tSendmail

Regarding the job design, it should looks like this to be clearer:

Capture.png

Now, why it doesn't work, this is the question.

In your 1rst post you said you use TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMddHHmmss",TalendDate.getCurrentDate()) to construct the filename in tSendMail.

As "ss" changes every second (!!!) you probably have a different filename between tFileOutputDelimited and tSendMail.

To avoid this kind of mistake, I suggest you to use a global or context variable to define the filename and filepath.

TRF

All Replies
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Are you sure the file exists before you try to send it? Can you share your job design?

TRF
Six Stars

Hi,

Please see below. I successfully run the report but not good through tsendmail component

Capture.PNG

Four Stars

The E106_US is the file you are attempting to send via email correct? IF so. Connect the tsendmail to the E106_US file Use a OnSub or ONComp to connect. 

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Regarding the job design, it should looks like this to be clearer:

Capture.png

Now, why it doesn't work, this is the question.

In your 1rst post you said you use TalendDate.formatDate("yyyyMMddHHmmss",TalendDate.getCurrentDate()) to construct the filename in tSendMail.

As "ss" changes every second (!!!) you probably have a different filename between tFileOutputDelimited and tSendMail.

To avoid this kind of mistake, I suggest you to use a global or context variable to define the filename and filepath.

TRF
Six Stars

Thanks! Your advice is very helpful! - after I delete "ss" and tsendmail worked.

I am also learning on creating global variable/context variable. Can you please educate me what global variable means? can't find explanation and not know how to do 

Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars