Four Stars

Send emails with tSendMail to same email thread

I want to send email updates to my email id using tSendMail whenever a job completes or an error occurs, which is working but every time the email is received as a new message in my mail box.

Is it possible to send the emails to one thread only, so that new emails are shown as 'reply' to the previous one.

I am using Talend Open Studio, version 6.4.1

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES

Re: Send emails with tSendMail to same email thread

Hello,

Would you mind posting your current job design screenshots on forum, which will be helpful for us to address your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello,

This is how my job looks, I want to send an email if a job succeeds or fails. The email is being sent but as new email each time a run a job, what I want to achieve is to sent the new email as a reply to the previous one.

Screenshot_2.png

Seven Stars

If the mail subject is same, we can expect the new mail to be grouped to old mails. Replying kind of logic is not readily available .  We have to write the custom code.. 

Four Stars

Even if the subject is same, the email is received as a new one in my outlook mail. Could you suggest a way on what to do manually to achieve this?

Seven Stars

dirty fix is ,

First time send the subject alone ,say 'Test Mail'.

From second time onwards , send the subject as 'RE: Test Mail' and enable the conversation mode in outlook.