One Star

Screencast: how to use custom Java function in Data Mapper

Hi all,
I recorded a screencast which demos how to use a custom utility class in the Data Mapper.

Enjoy,
Robin 
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Screencast: how to use custom Java function in Data Mapper

Hi Robin 
Thanks for your video. It seems it is impossible to watch the video with full size. 
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Not applicable

Hi,
This is a great video. I created my jar file and can call the java method in my map thanks to video explanations.
On the other hand the video describes a map call from a route with cMap.
I want to do a map call from a job (And not a route) with a tHmap component. What do I have to do so that my job knows my new jar ?
I added a tLibraryLoad to start the job and it works fine but isn't there a way to avoid adding this component in all the jobs using this external jar file ?
I tried to add my jar file in the module view but it didn't work...
I also tried to add it in "Preferences->Java->Build Path->User Libraries" but it didn't work either...
Thanks for your help.
Eric
Community Manager

I added a tLibraryLoad to start the job and it works fine but isn't there a way to avoid adding this component in all the jobs using this external jar file ?
I tried to add my jar file in the module view but it didn't work...
I also tried to add it in "Preferences->Java->Build Path->User Libraries" but it didn't work either...
Thanks for your help.
Eric

Hi
Create a routine and import the external jar, call the routine in the job if requires, by default, the job will be dependency with all routines. 
Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Not applicable

Hi Shong,
Thanks for your answer, but in a map of TDM we cannot call a routine.
Eric