JOIN US!
And visit the Customer
& Community Lounge.
May 27-28, wherever you are.

Schema sync between Output and tMap

Highlighted
Six Stars

Schema sync between Output and tMap

I needed to add two field to the Schema on my Output Component.   When I edit the schema, I have the field added to both the left side and ride side.  Then, I go into tMap, and those new fields are not there for me to map.   When I go back to my Output component and open the schema, my two new fields are no longer listed on the left side, but is listed on the right side. Also, in the tMap, the plus button to add to the schema in there is now read only.   Any idea how I can get these new fields into the tMap?

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Schema sync between Output and tMap

Hi,

The best and easy method is to close the job and then open it again (make sure that no locks are present in the job).

This time add the additional columns within tMap and propagate to target. It should resolve your issue.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Highlighted
Six Stars

Thanks for the response @nikhilthampi.  I just tried that and still no luck.  When I go into the tMap, and I click in the update schema, the green plus button to add a row is read only.  I only get the option to delete, not add.  Also, it looks like this whole side is read only. It also won't let me update the name of any of the columns in the schema.  This is only on the output in the tMap.  On the left side, I can add to the schema. 

Highlighted
Nine Stars

@steeld95 May i know which component you are using as output component, because when am using 6.4 version, it happned if the output component is tMatchgroup

Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

Are you using any repository connection in the target tDBOutput? If that is the case, you need to either update the metadata or change the connection to Built in.

Could you please share a screen shot of both tMap and tDBOutput components for verification? Please also add the screenshot of schema mappings from both components.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved :-)

Highlighted
Six Stars

@nikhilthampi @manishchokkaram I am using the Salesforce Output component.   It is a built in schema.

The thing is, the job actually works fine, It just won't let me add the 2 columns to the schema.  Attached is a screenshot of the output settings and the tmap on the output and input where the + sign is grey for the output. 

Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

Its because you are using a predefined module of Salesforce. Could you please remove tSalesforce component and join the output of tMap to a tLogrow and try whether you are facing the same issue?

It should ideally work in that case because there is no restriction of schema. Could you please try this basic test and come back?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Highlighted
Six Stars

@nikhilthampi  I don't believe that is the issue.  I think it is something on this specific job that is preventing me from doing this.  I have 4 other jobs that have the tMap tied directly to the Salesforce output component.  These also have built in schema's I loaded.  All four of my other jobs still let me add to the schema in the tMap that is tied to a Salesforceoutput component. 

Highlighted
Six Stars

@nikhilthampi I was able to find a workaround.  I originally created a repository for the schema, I then changed it to built in.  And everything worked fine.  What I did to get around it is went back to the schema I created in the repository, added the fields I needed to the schema.  Went to my SF Output component and changed the schema back to repository and the new fields were there and I did not lose any of my mapping in the tMap (I still can't add to the schema in the tMap though, but don't need to any longer).  Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Employee

Hi @steeld95 ,

I had mentioned about this possibility in my second last post. If you are using a repository, it means that the metadata is already defined from there. It will prevent the users to manually edit the schema as the schema is predefined. If a user need to change the schema according to his wish, he need to either go back to the repository to change the metadata of schema from there or he has to convert it into built in.

So there are no issues with your Talend component. You have just learnt the difference between repository connection and built in connection :-)

Hope I have answered the query. Please remember to mark the topic as resolved before closing the window :-)

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog