One Star

Schema's db type not correct for this component

I've noticed on many of my components I am getting this warning: talend the schema's db type not correct for this component
I tried to resolve this as in my screenshot shows but it looks as though it is possibly the MONEY type that is causing issues but I don't know what to put it as other than money as it didn't seem any more impressed when I tried DECIMAL instead.
2 REPLIES

Re: Schema's db type not correct for this component

for the most part, the "DB type" does not matter-- unless you are creating tables with Talend you can pretty much safely ignore it. Talend will warn you but what does it know?
if you ARE creating tables or the warnings are just bothersome, you can change the default java type --> db type mappings by going to Window->Preferences->Talend->Specific Settings->Metadata of TalendType. Then pick the xml file for the DB you are retrieving the schema's from and modify the values under the <talendToDbTypes> tag to your liking.
One Star

Re: Schema's db type not correct for this component

Hi John I was thinking the Db Type might not matter too much as it does have a Type in its schema. Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy