One Star

Schema does not exist

Hi,

Am using Talend Open Source 6.1 with Postgres 9.2 and trying to run a small transoframtion from a database but ma facing the following error:

Exception in component tPostgresqlInput_1
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: schema "t_from_csv" does not exist
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1592)at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1327)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:192)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:451)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:336)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:235)
at demo_1.demo_01_0_1.demo_01.tPostgresqlInput_1Process(demo_01.java:2389)
at demo_1.demo_01_0_1.demo_01.tFileInputDelimited_1Process(demo_01.java:1116)
at demo_1.demo_01_0_1.demo_01.runJobInTOS(demo_01.java:2768)
at demo_1.demo_01_0_1.demo_01.main(demo_01.java:2618)

I found this posting: https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22945, but to be honest I didn't understand what is exactly meant?

Any Idea pls.?
Many Thx!
3 REPLIES
Four Stars

Re: Schema does not exist

In postgres you have a database which can have more then 1 schema (think about each schema like a folder)
if you want to insert a table in such a folder, you either connect to this schema by Setting the right one in the postgresconnectionsettings,
or you write 'insert (...columnlist...) values (...valuelist..) into "mySchema"."myTable"' as statement´, qualifing the table with the schema where  the table belongs to.
HTH
One Star

Morning,
Thx for the reply!
The point is that am retrieving data from a data base table not adding data... the generated SQL Query from the mapping:
"SELECT 
\"test_1\".\"us_states_in_test\".\"statecode\",
\"test_1\".\"us_states_in_test\".\"statename\",
\"test_1\".\"us_states_in_test\".\"capital\",
\"test_1\".\"us_states_in_test\".\"mostpopulation\"
FROM \"test_1\".\"us_states_in_test\""

The structure of the DB in postgres looks like following:
test_1
/Schemata
/public
/us_states_in_test

Am defening the right Scheman in the connection and selecting the right table wich is: "us_states_in_test"
Connection and the rest looks all fine. but the error is still showing up. I think the problem is the /public Schema/Folder.. this is a default Schema which is provided by postgres. I could create a new Schema in postgres but the issue will stya the same - I suppose.
Any other Idea?
Many Thanks!
One Star

Hi Guys,
I fixed the issue... the sloution was that I just changed the SQL Qeury to:
SELECT 
"statecode",
"statename",
"capital",
"mostpopulation"
FROM "us_states_in_test";