Scenario: To populate data on main table from 2 lookup with the same column name, but having different data.

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Scenario: To populate data on main table from 2 lookup with the same column name, but having different data.

Hello,

I'm thinking if how can I map this scenario:

2 lookup tables with almost the same column but have different data 

(There's only 1 column that is not identical and that's contain the Main Office Name of both tables depends on the Branch office name)

1 main table that should have the data from 2 lookup tables

I should have the values of the data from those 2 lookup tables and what I can only link is the Office Owner and Office Admin.

The other values like city, state, zipcode,etc how can I populate it on the right way? I can't have like row1.city,row2.city on CITY column on main table. I should have the right data and being populated to each row. Is tmap will not work on this or is there aby other alternative way to do this?

Thanks for any suggestion or maybe a solution on this.

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: Scenario: To populate data on main table from 2 lookup with the same column name, but having different data.

Thanks @nikhilthampi for paying attention on this post and apologize as I forgot to update this, I already resoolved this by using tmysqlrow  and place the join query of the 2 tables there, then link it as a look up (tmysqlinput) to provide the right output.

All Replies
Employee

Re: Scenario: To populate data on main table from 2 lookup with the same column name, but having different data.

Hi,

Could you please share sample records for all 3 tables along with join conditions for better understanding of the problem? Sample of expected output also will be really helpful. You can also add the screenshots of current tmap details for detailed analysis.

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

Seven Stars

Thanks @nikhilthampi for paying attention on this post and apologize as I forgot to update this, I already resoolved this by using tmysqlrow  and place the join query of the 2 tables there, then link it as a look up (tmysqlinput) to provide the right output.

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads