Scan an FTP site and print a lit of directories, files and properties

Highlighted
One Star

Scan an FTP site and print a lit of directories, files and properties

Hi
First time poster and very much a newbie. I want to monitor my FTP site to see how often people are dropping files into directories.
Im assuming that I need tftpconnection, tftpFileList or tFtpfileproperties and then use log or tmap, then tfileoutputdelimtied but i havent yet worked out how to do this.
I'll post up what I've done so far later on on but appreciate any advice

Re: Scan an FTP site and print a lit of directories, files and properties

Hi,
Here are online component references TalendHelpCenter:tFTPConnection, TalendHelpCenter:tFTPFileList and TalendHelpCentertFTPFileProperties with scenarios.
Hope it will be helpful for you to learn how to use them.
Feel free to let us know if there is some issue in your job.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

hello, i took a look on provided links, but there a no simple solution to get only file names. (without downloading files).
is there a simple way to do it ?
thanks Smiley Happy
Ten Stars

tFTPConnection --(OnComponentOK)--> tFTPFileList --(Iterate)--> tFTPFileProperties --> tLogRow will give you a basic listing of files and their details.
You can configure the connection details in tFTPConnection, then set the tFTPFileList and tFTPFileProperties components to use the connection defined in tFTPConnection.  
Set the File property of tFTPFileProperties to ((String)globalMap.get("tFTPFileList_1_CURRENT_FILEPATH")) to use the file names found by tFTPFileList.
Play with the tLogRow settings to get it to display in a way that's comfortable for you.  Once you have an idea of what's displayed, you can swap out tLogRow for tFileOutputDelimited to save your results.