Save generic schema in repository

One Star

Save generic schema in repository

Hello,
I try to use a maximum number of schema in metadata, so I can see how many different schema I use, share them, trace modification and so on.
But I find that actual schema management in repository is not really flexible. In particular, I have two suggestion :
1 - enable a "generic" metadata repository (as it exists DB connections, File Delimited, ect) in which schema could be defined without being attached to a connection or a file ;
2 - add a bouton in property view of component / edges to allow user to save built-in schema to repository ;
Use case for 1 : I have quite a complex built-in schema used as an input of several tMap component. Due to a functionnal requirement, all the tMap have to have the same schema. If I modify one schema (for example add a field), I need to do the same for all other tMap by hand ;
Use case for 2 : I use a repository schema for a component, need to modify it (so it become "built-in"). If I want to save the modification in repository, I have to create a fresh new one schema (or edit an old one), but I can't just update/save as new my built-it schema.
Any remarks appreciated Smiley Happy
Francois
Employee

Re: Save generic schema in repository

I think you have two good improvements ideas !
Could you report them in our bugtracker (http://talendforge.org/bugs) as feature requests ?
One Star

Re: Save generic schema in repository

Could you report them in our bugtracker (http://talendforge.org/bugs) as feature requests ?

Yes, of, course.

Between, I found a kind of workaround with the xml import/export of schema. It removes the hard-working of creating again and again field (or coping them), but it do not manage consistency between schema.
Francois

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch