Salesforce to Talend integration - What is endpoint url?

Six Stars

Salesforce to Talend integration - What is endpoint url?

Hi Folks,

I'm doing the Salesforce to Talend trigger based integration in realtime.

For ex. if an account is getting created in Salesforce then it'll POST the data to the endpoint url. Talend will listen to this url, read the Salesforce data and push that data to the target system in realtime.

I have created the workflow rule in SF and configured the dummy endpoint url in the Talend and got confused at the below queries -

1. What is an endpoint url over here? How do I generate it?

2. How do i create an endpoint url so that both can write and read data from over there?

If it's a Talend web service then how do I read Salesforce POST data over there. Please suggest.

Regards,

Santosh G.

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Salesforce to Talend integration - What is endpoint url?

Hi Navin,

I managed to resolve that. Here are some pointers -

1. The endpoint url is the Talend web service url which will consume the Salesforce output structure 

2. This web service created by you in Talend gets hosted in the private network which Salesforce does not understand

3. Ask your network team to get this services accessible outside the private network using the mechanism like reverse proxy. Configure this url in Salesforce. This should help Smiley Happy

Regards,

Santosh G..

All Replies
Highlighted
Four Stars

Hi Santosh

Did you manage to find a solution to your problem?

I am trying to follow the instructions https://help.talend.com/reader/cR2P4DokI6iMLUduD4kKiA/iAPe8kGxCw1w8vWSwf48cA

The endpoint need to be something like: http://0.0.0.0:8765/services/account if you are running activemq off the same machine/server.

However I cannot get it to work.
Six Stars

Hi Navin,

I managed to resolve that. Here are some pointers -

1. The endpoint url is the Talend web service url which will consume the Salesforce output structure 

2. This web service created by you in Talend gets hosted in the private network which Salesforce does not understand

3. Ask your network team to get this services accessible outside the private network using the mechanism like reverse proxy. Configure this url in Salesforce. This should help Smiley Happy

Regards,

Santosh G..

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read