Four Stars

Salesforce tSalesforceGetUpdated

Hello everyone, does anybody know, what field in Salesforce is checked by the component tSalesforceGetUpdated to determine, which data should be downloaded based on its actuality? I know it is not the "Last Modified Date" field (I tested it negatively), but I do not see any other relevant field in Salesforce to mark it. Any help would be appreciated. Best, stratocumulus

11 REPLIES

Re: Salesforce tSalesforceGetUpdated

Hello,

Do you want to access latestDateCovered in Salesforce by using Salesforce GetUpdated API via talend?

Here exists a new feature jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-35412

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Dear Sabrina,

thank you for your answer - it answers my question only very indirectly.

The actual question is what is the default field used to check the date of last change in Salesforce in the component tSalesforceGetUpdated. There are several fields that could be used and I would like to precisely know which one is checked by default.

Regarding the specific ticket you mentioned, I would like to say that after a short check, there is no field latestDateCovered in my Salesforce version - or maybe I could not properly identify in which Salesforce object it is.

Your answer might be useful if I ask another, connected question: is it possible to determine non-standard criteria in the component tSalesforceGetUpdated to download the data from Salesforce (for instance - but potentially not limited to -  all accounts updated by a certain user).

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,

Jakub

Twelve Stars

Can you check created date field help for your requirement?

Manohar B
Twelve Stars

Can you check created date field help for your requirement?

Manohar B
Four Stars

Hi Manohar,

thanks for your answer.

May I ask, what do you mean exactly? Do you mean the Talend or Salesforce documentation? Can you please be more precise (optimally screenshots)?

Best regards,

Jakub

Twelve Stars

in Salesofrce,you need to fiend a cloumn to get updated records.
Manohar B
Four Stars

That's exactly my question - which column in Salesforce is being checked by the tSalesforceGetUpdated Talend component?

Four Stars

Hi,

one more thing: the lastCoveredDate is the information you get from the webservice call getUpdated() and not the field name in Salesforce (SF) - I guess that caused my confusion.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_calls_getupdated_getupdate...

Then, the question still remains - what field does the webservice call check in SF?

Twelve Stars

Four Stars

I have been there, the answer is not there unfortunately.

Six Stars JR
Six Stars

Hi

This is most likely the field LastModifiedDate.

Cheers, Joachim