One Star

Salesforce related record id....lookups are killing me.

So I have managed to replace our costly data syncing system with Talend except for one thing.
Both Informatica and DataLoader have a related records option that let you pick the external id to use to get the hex id for the parent record. My understanding is that this feature does not use a lookup API request, but handles it on the otherside of the API.
Is that right? Any pointers on handling this other than using CSV files and multiple tmaps?
My first path was to tmap two outputs, one to SFBulkOutput and one to a CSV that would contain the external ids.
Then join that CSV to a Account Input (in the case of Contact Upsert) via another tmap and output that to a CSV with the SFId and then update the orignal SFBulkOutput file with the correct AccountId and finally bulk that into SF.
Whew.....
We have too many records to manage this and if you need to recover from some down time the API calls run out fast.

Thanks and look forward to contributing as I learn more.
Mike
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: Salesforce related record id....lookups are killing me.

Think I may have found the answer. The format for related objects in the mapping file of SF Dataloader is Related_field=Parent_Object:\External_ID__c. Now just trying to get it handled correctly so it stops throwing syntax error on token.
One Star

Re: Salesforce related record id....lookups are killing me.

Hello,
Have you find a solution to make it work with Talend ?
I have a huge file containing an accounts hierarchy with this format:
externalid1, externalid2.

I'm able to upsert the Account by using a tMap, a Lookup and tSalesforceOutput.
Indeed, via the lookup I get upsert data like this:
externalid1, sfdc value of the external id 2.
But this is not very efficient, as I've to retrieve all SFDC Account id in my lookup.
Does anybody know if it is possible to upsert the Account object without having to do this lookup ?
I see that there options "Relationship mapping for upsert" in the Advanced setting, but I don't know what to put as parameters.

Like you say, this is working fine with the Salesforce Data Loader.