Salesforce login failed - known good user id/password

One Star

Salesforce login failed - known good user id/password

TOS 5.3.1.r104014
I am trying to connect to Salesforce with the tSalesforceInput, query the user table, and output via tLogRow. This is about as simple as it gets. My user id/password has already been authenticated on my computer, I am logged in to Salesforce in browser while trying to get TOS to connect, so I know the userid/password is good and authenticated. Because I'm authenticated I don't need a "token". I've done this before and it worked fine, but now it won't work. I've tried both:
"https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/19.0"
and
"https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/25.0"
TOS says:
statistics] connecting to socket on port 3632
connected
Exception in component tSalesforceInput_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Login failed! Please check the username,password and endpoint
at sf2mysql.sf2mysql_0_1.sf2mysql.tSalesforceInput_1Process(sf2mysql.java:1056)
at sf2mysql.sf2mysql_0_1.sf2mysql.runJobInTOS(sf2mysql.java:2215)
at sf2mysql.sf2mysql_0_1.sf2mysql.main(sf2mysql.java:2081)
disconnected
What am I missing? I know the login is valid, I know this ip/computer is authenticated, what else is it looking for?
Edit: Additionally, my ip is in the SF trusted IP range (I know this because I added it myself), so activation for my ip is not required anyhow.
One Star

Re: Salesforce login failed - known good user id/password

And....after beating my head against the wall for an hour....I exit TOS, take a break, reload TOS, run the job that has failed a hundred times, changing nothing...and it works. Seriously??? WTF????
I don't know what to say. I change nothing, I exit TOS, I reload TOS, and now it works.
One Star

Hello,
I also am facing a similar issue however it has not been resolved by exiting TOS and connecting again.
Unlike zootal, I have generated and appended the Security token to the password.
To validate the login I have to enter an HTTP proxy server and port.
After enabling HTTP proxy and entering the details I click on "Check Login".
I get a success message.
However when I try to execute the job, I get the following error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Login failed! Please check the username,password and endpoint
I have seen the code of the job and the Http proxy details are not passed on to it.
Can this be the cause of the error?
Is there a workaround for this?
Five Stars

I wouldn't have thought it was a proxy issue as you seem to be getting a response back from Salesforce.
If you're sure that all of the connection details are correct, I'd just check to make sure no spaces have crept in during any cut-and-paste.
One Star

I have created a new Salesforce connection which validates the login (with http proxy) successfully.
When using the same connection object in a job, I get the previously mentioned "Login failed!" error message.
There is no change in values between the creation and usage of the connection object.
I wonder how a space can creep into the credentials.
Five Stars

I guess, if you're using the repository connection details, it can't.
Are you running the Job locally, or on a Job Server?
My only other suggestion is, that when running the Job, your connection is not resolving to the instance of Salesforce that you think.
One Star

I am running the job locally.
And I don't see the http proxy details provided in the SF connection used in the job.
Can this be the cause?
Five Stars

I don't use repository connections in Jobs, as it causes headaches later - promotion to production etc.
If you specify a proxy in the metadata repository item, I believe this is for the repo only and does not get carried forward to the Job connection.
I'm sure this is the case for proxy settings - I'm not sure about Socks proxy. There is a checkbox on tSalesforceConnection, to specify a Socks proxy. This may be carried forward from the repo.
You can specify your proxy in a Job using tSetProxy.
My original thought was that I've never seen "bad username/password" for a proxy issue. It suggests that you have made it out to Salesforce.
One Star

How do I use the tSetProxy component ?
Is there any tutorial or help available ?
One Star

I found it and it works !!
Thank you very much for your help \o/

I am having same issue...can u pls tell me how to map tsetProxy with tsalesforceConnection?

Hi,
Here is a component reference TalendHelpCenter:tSetProxy.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download