Salesforce Lookup in Talend

Highlighted
One Star

Salesforce Lookup in Talend

Hi all,
I'm inexperienced with Talend and this is my first object.
I'm creating a Job that take data from Oracle View and import it in Salesforce in two different objects related via a lookup field.
I have created a new Job, put a tOracleInput with the view, put a tMap, and put the two tSalesforceOutput (Account and custom object). Account and this custom object are related via a lookup relationship.
Now, how can I manage this relationship also with Talend ? 
The target is to import some data of the view in the Account and other data in the custom object keeping the relationship.
Thanks in advance

Re: Salesforce Lookup in Talend

Hi,
Could you please post your current job design screenshot into forum? Which will be helpful for us to understand your requirement.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: Salesforce Lookup in Talend

Hi,
Suppose your custom object API name is ChildObject__c and the lookup field is Account__c.
In tSalesforceOutput component, you have 2 choices depending on the action you choose:
1- Insert: in this case you must know the Account Id you want to join with the record in ChildObject__c. This id may result of a preceding insert or a select, then, using a tMap you must place the correct value into the Account__c field (standard join process on Talend side).
2- Upsert: you may associate ChildObject__c with the corresponding Account using Account external id (a field of your choice you must declare as an external id unique on Salesforce side - lets say "AccountExternalId__c" for this example). Here, go to Advanced settings tab of tSalesforceOutput component and fulfill the relationships mapping area like this:

With upsert you may also proceed like for insert.

Hope this helps,
TRF

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.