Five Stars

Salesforce Exception on BigData Studio job

Hi there,

I have seen a few posts related to the issue I am facing but still not 100% sure of the solution.

I am trying to connect to Salesforce and fetch data into a File on my Windows machine.

What's working for me:

Salesforce Connection from Metadata is working fine, that is I am able to create the connection successfully and connect.

A simple job using tSalesforceGetServerTimestamp with the above said connection and writing to a file is working, after adding the tSetProxy.

What's not working:

A job to use tSalesforceInput to get 1 Opportunity record to a file is not working. I added tSetProxy like the job above, changed the timeout, in case it took longer, nothing works. Error message below:

Exception in component tSalesforceInput_1 (SFDC_Opportunities)
java.lang.RuntimeException: IOException: com.sforce.ws.ConnectionException: Failed to send request to https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/39.0
at local_project.sfdc_opportunities_0_1.SFDC_Opportunities.tSalesforceInput_1Process(SFDC_Opportunities.java:20146)
at local_project.sfdc_opportunities_0_1.SFDC_Opportunities.runJobInTOS(SFDC_Opportunities.java:26754)
at local_project.sfdc_opportunities_0_1.SFDC_Opportunities.main(SFDC_Opportunities.java:26603)

By the way, the output file is updated with the header record but the job fails and no data loads. I applied filter in the Condition to get only 1 record.

Please help with pointers.

I am using the standalone Talend Open Studio for Big Data (6.4.1).

Thanks

Siddartha.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Re: Salesforce Exception on BigData Studio job

Based on your job design, connect tSalesforceInput to tSetProxy using an onComponentOK trigger else, if you have a proxy configured, tSalesforceInput may start before tSetProxy is finished and failed.

Not sure this is the solution for your case, but if you use tSetProxy, be sure it is executed before tSalesforce* components.

TRF
10 REPLIES

Hello,

Are you able to connect to test.salesforce.com with the credentials provided successfully?

How did you set Salesforce Webservice URL in your tSalesforceInput component? Component setting screenshots will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Thank you for the response.

1. Yes I am able to connect to the test.salesforce.com from the web browser with the credentials.
2. I am also able to connect with the default test URL : https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/39.0

(I am using Talend Big Data Studio 6.4)

In the actual tSalesForceInput I tried with the below two URLs and both throw the same error:

https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/39.0

https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/33.0

Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks

Siddartha.

Five Stars

https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/33.0 is working with another ETL tool (Informatica) that we use at my workplace and it works with that. So was trying that.

Hello,

Would you mind posting your component setting screenshots on forum which will be helpful for us to address your issue quickly?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Here are the screenshots:

SFDC_Connection_Metadata.JPG

JobDesign_1.JPG

tSFDCInput_Component_Basic.JPG

tSFDCInput_Component_Advanced.JPG

Five Stars

Just another point, I am not providing the Security Key in the connection. Is that something that could cause this issue?

Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Yes it is.
If you need to provide the Security Token for Data Loader or any other external tool using the Salesforce API, you need to provide it for Talend.

TRF
Five Stars

Hi there,

I just got a confirmation from my SFDC account team that we do not use any account  security key to connect. For Informatica, they had to set up some .ini file. Is there something similar to be done for Talend Big Data Studio?

Please help, as I tried all options I know of from the community related to proxy set-up and it still does not work. 

I am wondering why it is failing for data fetch, when it is allowing me to connect to the salesforce site from metadata connection and also able to get the ServerTimestamp without issues.

Thanks,

Siddartha.

Thirteen Stars TRF
Thirteen Stars

Based on your job design, connect tSalesforceInput to tSetProxy using an onComponentOK trigger else, if you have a proxy configured, tSalesforceInput may start before tSetProxy is finished and failed.

Not sure this is the solution for your case, but if you use tSetProxy, be sure it is executed before tSalesforce* components.

TRF
Five Stars

Awesome. It worked after connecting the tSetProxy on Success to the actual input.