Salesforce Context in Talend Cloud

Highlighted
Five Stars

Salesforce Context in Talend Cloud

For a Basic salesforce connection, the only parameters available in the cloud connection are:

connection_salesforce_basic_username

connection_salesforce_basic_password

connection_salesforce_basic_security_token

There is a connection parameter for endpoint in Studio but not in Cloud. Does that mean it always defaults the endpoint to https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/39.0 and you can't connect via context to a salesforce sandbox endpoint from a Dev cloud workspace? (https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/29.0)

Does anyone know if this is slated for an upcoming release?

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Salesforce Context in Talend Cloud

Figured it out myself. You have to use a custom connection, not the Salesforce one. Then, the connection type is salesforce(someothertext)

Add parameters as you do for any other custom context connection. 

All Replies
Five Stars

Figured it out myself. You have to use a custom connection, not the Salesforce one. Then, the connection type is salesforce(someothertext)

Add parameters as you do for any other custom context connection. 

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Katie,

Thanks very much for your sharing. I am new for Talend and I am now working for Talend and SalesForce. I have met a probleme that I could not resolve and I hope you can help me. 

I have created a conenction salesforce and les contexts like this :

1.PNG2.PNG

I have also created a connexion inTMC, like this :

3.PNG

But I do not know why it could not run with successful in TMC, it always has a error like

Exception in component tSalesforceConnection_1 (test) java.lang.RuntimeException: NullPointerException: at sandbox.

Please help me, Please !

Four Stars

Thanks, I have resolved the probleme. I need change the context in salesforce connection like this :

Capture.PNG

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

How to deploy Talend Jobs as Docker images to Amazon, Azure and Google Cloud reg...

Learn how to deploy Talend Jobs as Docker images to Amazon, Azure and Google Cloud registries

Blog

Talend API Services Publish to Talend Cloud

Learn how to publish your API Services to Talend Cloud

Watch Now

Cloud Data Warehouse Trends for 2019

Find out aboutCloud Data Warehouse Trends for 2019

Read