Seventeen Stars

SafetySwitch property : java.io.exception

hi,
When my job try to "parse" a tFileInputPositionnal" I've got this java.io.exception :
Maximum row record length of 100,000 exceeded in row in record 0. Set the safetySwitch property to false if you're expecting row record lengths greater than 100,000 characters to avoid this error.

but where can I set this value in Talend !?
In the advanced settings !?
and how !?
thanks for your help
Edit :
Hum .... in fact I'd put "/n" in place of "\n" for the return carriage pattern ... <shame on me !!!>
But my question 's still , because it could be helpfully one day .
I've seen this topic
about the same exception message
3 REPLIES
Employee

Re: SafetySwitch property : java.io.exception

Looks like nobody have tried the tFileInputPositional with such long rows.
You're right, we should add an advanced setting in the component for such cases.
See 5504
Regards,
Seventeen Stars

Re: SafetySwitch property : java.io.exception

thanks for that ...
more I use Talend , more i enjoy ... even if sometimes it make me crazy (lol)
++
Five Stars

Re: SafetySwitch property : java.io.exception

Hi @kzone,

 

Can you please let me know what was the solution to this issue, I am in mid of a scheduled data upload and facing this issue?

 

@xdshi, I am using Talend DI Version 7.0 and Salesforce API 42 and facing below error. Please help to resolve the issue.

 

Looks like this the option Set the SafetySwitch is there in tSalesforceInput file but it says the error is in tSalesforceOutputBulkExec where I can't see this property. 

 

 

Starting job DemoContext_TasksDataUpload at 11:55 02/08/2018.
 
[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3728
[statistics] connected
Exception in component tSalesforceOutputBulkExec_5_tSalesforceBulkExec (DemoContext_TasksDataUpload)
java.io.IOException: Maximum column length of 100,000 exceeded in column 5 in record 1,079. Set the SafetySwitch property to false if you're expecting column lengths greater than 100,000 characters to avoid this error.
at com.csvreader.CsvReader.readRecord(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceBulkRuntime.getBaseFileRow(SalesforceBulkRuntime.java:444)
at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceBulkRuntime.getBatchLog(SalesforceBulkRuntime.java:474)
at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceBulkExecReader.start(SalesforceBulkExecReader.java:65)
at org.talend.codegen.flowvariables.runtime.FlowVariablesReader.start(FlowVariablesReader.java:73)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_5Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:26748)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_4Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:23009)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_3Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:19219)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_2Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:13670)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_1Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:7019)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tSalesforceConnection_1Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:1216)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.runJobInTOS(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:31334)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.main(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:31087)
[statistics] disconnected
 
Thanks