SafetySwitch property in tSalesforceOutputBulkExec

Five Stars

SafetySwitch property in tSalesforceOutputBulkExec

Hello, great minds!

I have designed a solution to upload the data to Salesforce which appears to work fine when I am using a small chunk of data but when I am doing actual data upload, it is throwing an error saying "java.io.IOException: Maximum column length of 100,000 exceeded in column 5 in record 1,079. Set the SafetySwitch property to false if you're expecting column lengths greater than 100,000 characters to avoid this error."

However, the error is coming in the tSalesforceOutputBulkExec component which doesn't have the option to set SafetySwitch property.

FYI, I am using Talend DI Version 7.0 and Salesforce API 42 and facing below error. Please help to resolve the issue.

Starting job DemoContext_TasksDataUpload at 11:55 02/08/2018.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3728
[statistics] connected
Exception in component tSalesforceOutputBulkExec_5_tSalesforceBulkExec (DemoContext_TasksDataUpload)
java.io.IOException: Maximum column length of 100,000 exceeded in column 5 in record 1,079. Set the SafetySwitch property to false if you're expecting column lengths greater than 100,000 characters to avoid this error.
at com.csvreader.CsvReader.readRecord(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceBulkRuntime.getBaseFileRow(SalesforceBulkRuntime.java:444)
at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceBulkRuntime.getBatchLog(SalesforceBulkRuntime.java:474)
at org.talend.components.salesforce.runtime.SalesforceBulkExecReader.start(SalesforceBulkExecReader.java:65)
at org.talend.codegen.flowvariables.runtime.FlowVariablesReader.start(FlowVariablesReader.java:73)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_5Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:26748)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_4Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:23009)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_3Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:19219)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_2Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:13670)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tFileList_1Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:7019)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.tSalesforceConnection_1Process(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:1216)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.runJobInTOS(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:31334)
at local_project.democontext_tasksdataupload_0_1.DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.main(DemoContext_TasksDataUpload.java:31087)
[statistics] disconnected

Job DemoContext_TasksDataUpload ended at 12:10 02/08/2018. [exit code=1]

Re: SafetySwitch property in tSalesforceOutputBulkExec

Hello,

It should be a new feature to set SafetSwitch value in tSalesforceOutputBulkExec component.

Are you using talend subscription data integration solution? If so, you could request a patch to fix your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi @xdshi,

I am using Talend DI open studio. So maybe I need to wait for patch fix.

Thanks.

Hello,

So far, the SafetySwitch option will be available when Bulk is selected from the Query Mode drop-down list in tSalesforceInput component since 7.0.1.

Feel free to create a jira issue on talend bug tracker for your requirement SafetySwitch property in tSalesforceOutputBulkExec

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.