SVN revision issues (set up,job conductor,comp. of diff. versions)

One Star

SVN revision issues (set up,job conductor,comp. of diff. versions)

Hi,
sorry for not being more accurate in the headline but I do have a couple of questions around SVN revision.
Also I thought it would be better to have them all in one post instead of creating multiple posts.
1. SVN commit
==========
I noticed that every time a job is opened the revision number is increased (which doesn't make sense to me), same for every time a job is closed or saved (which is okay).
I changed the SVN commit mode for the project from automatic -> unlocked items, but I am still getting a SVN commit at the opening of the job.
SVN lock mode is set to automatic.
Why is there a revision increase when opening a job?
How can it be changed so that there's no revision increase when opening a job?

2. old revision number in job conductor
=========================
I created a task in the job conductor with option "regenerate job on change = true". By doing this job the actual revision number is being taken.
Unfortunately - when there's an update in job - revision number of task's job is never increased in job conductor, so I am always executing old SVN revisions.
(I am not changing the job version at all.)
Is that right that a task is created for a specific job revision number?

3. comparison between two SVN revisions
===========================
I am using TortoiseSVN for comparing different SVN revisions. In this specific case I only changed the output path of a tFileOutputDelimited component.
If you take a look at the attached screenshot you'll see that not only this single difference is shown when comparing both versions but each line is different.
The reason is that elementParameter ids are different for every single line. Smiley Sad Having this it's really hard to find real changes done by the designer.
What must be done to see only the designer made changes?
Can Talend be configured not to change ids? (what's the reason for it anyway?)

Many thanks for your help!
Reiko
Community Manager

Re: SVN revision issues (set up,job conductor,comp. of diff. versions)

Hi
There is a parameter locked record the status of job in the properties file of job, eg:
<TalendProperties:ItemState xmi:id="_sA2YLfu EEd-yR9pSFpBy2A" path="" locked="true" lockDate="2011-02-14T14:25:45.687+0800">
This parameter of job changes very time when you open the job or close the job, that's why the revision changes every time a job is closed or saved. If you don't want the revision changes every time when you open or close the job, you need change
svn commit model to unlocked items
svn lock model to manual.
I created a task in the job conductor with option "regenerate job on change = true"

In order to effect this option, you need to do:
1. go to <tomcat installation directory>/webapp/<tac deploy folder>/WEB-INF/classes, open the configuration.properties file and edit the following parameter
such as to read:
jobServer.useCache=false
2. Restart tomcat.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
thanks for your answer.
Do you have any suggestions to questions 2 and 3?
Thanks,
Reiko
Community Manager

Hi
My last post have answered question2. but I don't understand question3 well and I can't reproduce it , it should be real change in the file path. Don't you change TIS_4.2.199 to TIS_4.2.199_42?
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi Shong,
sorry - I have missed your answer to #2. Many thanks!
As for #3: Yes, all I did is changing TIS_4.2.199 to TIS_4.2.199_42. But if I didn't know about this change I wouldn't hardly find it, because each line in the current SCN revision is presented to be different from the older one. The reason is that talend is changing some component's IDs when increasing SVN revision - look for xmi:id="xxxxx".
Is that right? If so, is there another method of finding differences?
Thanks, Reiko
Community Manager

Hello
This was a bug on v411 and have been fixed since 412, there is no xmi parameter in v412. eg:
<parameters>
<elementParameter field="DIRECTORY" name="COMP_DEFAULT_FILE_DIR" value="D:/talend/tis412/studio/TDQ_EE_MPX-All-r53616-V4.1.2/workspace"/>
<elementParameter field="DIRECTORY" name="PRODUCT_ROOT_DIR" value="D:/talend/tis412/studio/TDQ_EE_MPX-All-r53616-V4.1.2"/>
<elementParameter field="DIRECTORY" name="COMP_DEFAULT_PROJECT_DIR" value="D:/talend/tis412/studio/TDQ_EE_MPX-All-r53616-V4.1.2/workspace/p3"/>
<elementParameter field="TEXT" name="JOB_RUN_VM_ARGUMENTS" value=" -Xms256M -Xmx1024M"/>
<elementParameter field="CHECK" name="JOB_RUN_VM_ARGUMENTS_OPTION" value="false"/>
<elementParameter field="TEXT" name="AUTHOR" value="Administrator, Administrator"/>
<elementParameter field="TEXT" name="STATUS" value=""/>
<elementParameter field="TEXT" name="NAME" value="fg"/>
Best regards
Shong