SVN & Talend studio

Four Stars

SVN & Talend studio

Hi,
  I have migrated the SVN repository from AS400 to Windows Server 2012 (VisualSVN Server Manager).
When I created a new repository on Windows Server, I created a new user and assigned that user required access to this repository.
In TAC, under SVN configuration, I provided the new path to access the repository and provided the credentials. There is a green check mark against it. Also, in the advanced settings for the project, I have defined the URL and credentials.
I was able to login (from a browser) using the URL and credentials provided in TAC.
But When I try to connect to a project using studio 611, I get the below error message:
!MESSAGE 2017-02-01 10:09:02,418 WARN  org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - Can not connect to project with url "<URL>".
!STACK 0
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Can not connect to project with url "<URL>".
 at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:350)
 at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:309)
 at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:249)
 at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1799)
 at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper$1.run(LoginHelper.java:425)
 at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '<xyz> VisualSVN Server'
 at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnProjectUrlCheck.check(SvnProjectUrlCheck.java:31)
 at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:348)
 ... 5 more
Caused by: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '<<xyz>> VisualSVN Server'
 at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.info(SvnEclipseHandler.java:378)
 at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnProjectUrlCheck.check(SvnProjectUrlCheck.java:28)
 ... 6 more
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '<<xyz>> VisualSVN Server'
 at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:785)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.throwException(SVNClientImpl.java:1897)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.info(SVNClientImpl.java:1640)
 at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.internalInfo(SvnHandler.java:504)
 at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.info(SvnHandler.java:498)
 at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.info(SvnEclipseHandler.java:375)
 ... 7 more
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNAuthenticationException: svn: E170001: Authentication required for '<<xyz>> VisualSVN Server'
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.authenticationFailed(SVNErrorManager.java:47)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.authenticationFailed(SVNErrorManager.java:41)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.getNextAuthentication(DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.java:218)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:685)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:371)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:359)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.performHttpRequest(DAVConnection.java:710)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.exchangeCapabilities(DAVConnection.java:627)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.open(DAVConnection.java:102)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.openConnection(DAVRepository.java:1032)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.getLatestRevision(DAVRepository.java:175)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.getRevisionNumber(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:118)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnRepositoryAccess.getLocations(SvnRepositoryAccess.java:182)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.ng.SvnNgRepositoryAccess.createRepositoryFor(SvnNgRepositoryAccess.java:45)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.remote.SvnRemoteGetInfo.run(SvnRemoteGetInfo.java:46)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.remote.SvnRemoteGetInfo.run(SvnRemoteGetInfo.java:31)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc2.SvnOperationRunner.run(SvnOperationRunner.java:20)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperationFactory.run(SvnOperationFactory.java:1149)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc2.SvnOperation.run(SvnOperation.java:294)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNWCClient.doInfo(SVNWCClient.java:2523)
 at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.info(SVNClientImpl.java:1633)
 ... 10 more
Does the user accessing SVN on Windows has to be the same as AS400 ? Any thoughts ?
Thanks,

Re: SVN & Talend studio

Hi,
You have a problem to access svn server, can you try to open the url in browser and see if you can access it?
Have you already given rights to that user to logon to SVN in TAC?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.