One Star

SVN Projects not loading

Hi,
I'm new to Talend and am working on setting up my working environment. One of the components needed is the SVN server, which Talend has integrated into its tools.
The problem, however, is that whenever I open an SVN project, it won't ever finish loading.
I have:
- Installed visual SVN as a server.
- Used port 8000, since 80 was already taken.
- Created the project in VisualSVN.
- Added a user in VisualSVN.
- Given the user Read/Write rights in VisualSVN.
- Set up SVN in TAC/Configuration ( http://localhost:8000/svn/talend - BTW: why does this need to point to an SVN project, rather than the server? )
- Created a project in TAC (with the same url as above).
- Added project authorization for myself.
- Created a new remote connection in Talend Enterprise, which points at the TAC webapp.
- Started the Talend Services
Furthermore, I can see the set up remote projects in the drop down list.
What have I missed or done wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Elmer
12 REPLIES

Re: SVN Projects not loading

Hi,
What Talend Enterprise subscription version do you used?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

The latest one, 5.2.1.

Hi,
Is there any error message in your error log which is located in <Talend install dir> \workspace\.metadata\.log file.
Here are the related reference about How to set your Talend Administration Center

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

This is the only type of message in the log today:
!SESSION 2013-01-28 10:32:16.541 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_11
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 1 0 2013-01-28 10:32:25.188
!MESSAGE 2013-01-28 10:32:25,184 INFO org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginComposite - validate updatesite...
Community Manager

Hi
- Set up SVN in TAC/Configuration ( http://localhost:8000/svn/talend - BTW: why does this need to point to an SVN project, rather than the server? )
- Created a project in TAC (with the same url as above).

This is the url of SVN respostiroy, for example, http://localhost:8000/svn/respositoryName. When you add a new project in a TAC, for exmaple 'p1', you don't need to set up the advanced settings, a folder will be created automatically under the repository directory specified in TAC SVN configuration, for example <your SVN server installation path>/respositoryName/p1

Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks for the clarification, Shong. I will keep it in mind in the future. It has no influence on my actual problem, however.

note that your administration account (normally admin@company.com) or whatever you changed to - needs to have details to connect to SVN
namelly, the SVN username and password for this account must be valid.
Community Manager

Thanks for the clarification, Shong. I will keep it in mind in the future. It has no influence on my actual problem, however.

What's the error you get if Talend Studio can't connect to a remote project? Can you please describe problem with more information.
Shong
One Star

There is no error message, the project simply keeps loading forever and ever.
It recognizes everything, branches of the project are visible, it says the connection is fine, yet no matter what I do, the thing will never finish loading.
If there is something specific that you'd like to know or check, just let me know and I'll take a look.
One Star

This is the error I get if I try to connect with Talend Studio from another laptop:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Cannot connect to project with url 'http://localhost:8000/svn/talend/TEST_SVN_2'
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:286)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:245)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:217)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1713)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(LoginDialog.java:373)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: connection refused by the server
svn: OPTIONS request failed on '/svn/talend/TEST_SVN_2'
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.info(SvnEclipseHandler.java:357)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnProjectUrlCheck.check(SvnProjectUrlCheck.java:22)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:284)
... 5 more
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: connection refused by the server
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:778)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.throwException(SVNClientImpl.java:1881)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.info(SVNClientImpl.java:1629)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.internalInfo(SvnHandler.java:444)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.info(SvnHandler.java:435)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.info(SvnEclipseHandler.java:354)
... 7 more
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: connection refused by the server
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:106)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:90)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:645)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:280)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:268)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.exchangeCapabilities(DAVConnection.java:536)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.open(DAVConnection.java:98)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.openConnection(DAVRepository.java:1009)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.getLatestRevision(DAVRepository.java:180)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.getRevisionNumber(SVNBasicClient.java:482)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.getLocations(SVNBasicClient.java:876)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SVNBasicClient.java:534)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNWCClient.doInfo(SVNWCClient.java:2571)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNWCClient.doInfo(SVNWCClient.java:2901)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.info(SVNClientImpl.java:1622)
... 10 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.waitForConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.util.SVNSocketConnection.run(SVNSocketConnection.java:57)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

However, I can't open any SVN projects from my laptop, even if they are completely hosted on the other laptop.
Community Manager

Hi
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: connection refused by the server

It is a connection problem, do you have a proxy configuration in your system where SVN server is installed. In TAC configuration page, do you see the SVN settings becomes green? That means it is able to connect to SVN server from TAC side.
Shong
One Star

No proxy settings, and yes, all indicators relating to SVN are green.