SSL Connection

One Star

SSL Connection

I'm new to TOS and need to create a PostgreSQL DB connection using SSL. There is no place in the Connection wizard to specify SSL. Any sugestions how I can do this?
I get the following error
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
> FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "nnn.n.nn.nnn", user "userid",
> database "nitro", SSl off
Community Manager

Re: SSL Connection

Hello
I think it should be added as a new feature on our bugtracker.
Now, you can try the tJDBCConnection component,
set the url as:
"jdbcSmiley Tongueostgresql://host/dbName?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory"
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thank you Shong. Does this look correct:
jdbcSmiley Tongueostgresql://host/74.207.219.205:5432/nitro ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory
I got the following message:
The connection attempt failed
Community Manager

Hello
host means 74.207.219.205:5432 and you miss a ? after db name, the correct one should be:
"jdbcSmiley Tongueostgresql://74.207.219.205:5432/nitro?ssl=true&sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.NonValidatingFactory"
Anyway, you need know their usage of tJDBCXXX components first.
Best regards

shong
One Star

Thank you Shong, I am now connected to the DB server. Now to figure out how to create a job to trans data from Informix to PostgreSQL.
Again, thank you
Community Manager

Hello
Now to figure out how to create a job to trans data from Informix to PostgreSQL.

It is a simple job, just as:
tInformixInput---main-->tPostgreSQLOutput(or tJDBCOutputout)
Best regards
shong
One Star

I had to place a tMap bet Informix and PostgreSQL since the schemas are different does this create a problem? I keep getting this:
Cards.java (4)
nitro.cards_0_1.Cards at localhost:2176
Thread (Suspended)
Cards.main(String[]) line: 2003
C:\Program Files\adeptiajre\jre1.5\bin\javaw.exe (Jun 25, 2009 9:05:48 AM)
Community Manager

Hello
I had to place a tMap bet Informix and PostgreSQL since the schemas are different does this create a problem?

Yes, drag and drop the columns from left to right side. If you still have problem to create a job, please upload some screenshots of your job, so I know what you are doing.
Best regards

shong
One Star

Hi to all, I use this 3D to post my question about MSSQL SSL instance connection
I put all the normal parameters to connect to SQL Server instance (with add parameter instance=InstanceName)
Now...on this instance SSL is enabled, how I have to add in the connection parameters to be able to connect?
Ihave, in normal conditions, the following string: "jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://ServerName:1433/DBName;instance=SQLEXPRESS2008;"
Have I to substitute ServerName with external IP and dinamic port? (e.g. 192.168.45.45:1111)
Moreover, wich parameter have I to add in the string to set SSL?
Thanks to all!