Four Stars

SQL JDBC Error

I am getting same error. Did anyone get any resolution.
Exception in component tOracleOutput_2
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid column type: sqlType=2003
at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:70)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:112)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:173)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:229)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setNullCritical(OraclePreparedStatement.java:4405)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.setNull(OraclePreparedStatement.java:4293)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.setNull(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:1280)
at local_project.ods_distributor_master_0_1.ODS_Distributor_Master.tOracleInput_2Process(ODS_Distributor_Master.java:16863)
at local_project.ods_distributor_master_0_1.ODS_Distributor_Master.runJobInTOS(ODS_Distributor_Master.java:35368)
at local_project.ods_distributor_master_0_1.ODS_Distributor_Master.main(ODS_Distributor_Master.java:35182)

Thanks,
Abhijit 
7 REPLIES

Re: SQL JDBC Error

Hi,
Could you please post your DB connection setting screenshot into forum which will be helpful for us to address your issue?
Can you connect to your oracle DB successfully using client without using talend tool?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sarbina, 
Thanks for your response. 
I have no issues with the connection set up. I say this as I have many other jobs running on the same connection. I believe this specific error is occurring dues to some type mismatch or may be some null pointer handling issue. I don't know how to fix it Smiley Sad
I am pasting a screenshot of the connection.

Thanks,
Abhijit 

Hi,
We can't see the screenshot on our side. Could you attach it on the forum, please? That would be great.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

See Below

Hi,
Screenshots works only if you drag&drop the image directly in the editor window. 
Best regards
Sabrina                                                                                                                                    

--
Four Stars

I have done so

Four Stars

I believe the error occured due to null value insertion to a data type  "byte[]"  
Once I changed the data type it didn't throw any error.
My next question to you is How do I propagate this data type change to all my mappings?  I have 20 + mappings in one job and I don't want to manually change the data type for that field by going to each and every map.  
I greatly appreciate your help.
Thanks!
Abhijit