[SOLVED] Unarchiving .gz file containing multiple files - tFileUnarchive error "Not in GZIP format"

Highlighted
Four Stars

[SOLVED] Unarchiving .gz file containing multiple files - tFileUnarchive error "Not in GZIP format"

EDIT: Solved. The extracted .gz file was actually a .zip file just named .gz!

I have a job which takes gzip files (.gz), not in a tarball, which contain multiple .csv files and decompresses them to a directory.

I'm not able to decompress the gzip files provided using tFileUnarchive and get the error "Not in GZIP format".

Using 7-Zip, I am able to manually extract the files which I suppose indicates that the file is not corrupt?

I understand that multiple files should be tarballed pre-gzip, but this is unavoidable due to the third party's extraction framework.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: [SOLVED] Unarchiving .gz file containing multiple files - tFileUnarchive error "Not in GZIP format"

Hi,

Thanks for posting that you have resolved this issue by yourself.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: [SOLVED] Unarchiving .gz file containing multiple files - tFileUnarchive error "Not in GZIP format"

hi,
how did you resolve this ? please tell me

Hello,

Please have a look at this author's EDIT.

EDIT: Solved. The extracted .gz file was actually a .zip file just named .gz!

We have replied to your another topic:https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Unarchiving-gz-file-error-quot-Not-in-GZIP-fo...

Could you please check it and see if it is OK with you?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

hi sabrina,

i wanted to extract it as .gz file and not zip, i am using talend 5.4 version there is no option to select the archive format like in 6.1 . So , i just named the file *.gz . Please let me know if i am doing it correct

Thanks,
hachi

Hello,

The tFileArchive has supported for gzip file format since V 6.1. Could you please try to use a higher version(6.1+) to see if it works instead of naming the file  as*.gz? Are you using a subscription solution V 5.4?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

we have license for 5.4.1 version, . please give details on calling it from command line.

Thanks,
Hachi

Hello Hachi,

Could you please create a case on talend support portal with your subscription solution to see if a patch will be available for your V 5.4?

Best regards

Sabrina

--

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables