Six Stars

SOAP Service Multihread

Hi, I am not sure if this is the best subforum to ask this question but..I would like to know if a Talend WebService using the SOAP ESB components with the RUNTIME and Karf is multihread by default.

I mean, I have to be able to get two requests at the same time from different sites. If it's not multithread how could I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Twelve Stars

Re: SOAP Service Multihread

Services run in the runtime (Apach Karaf) are multi-threaded....not in the Studio. The issue with some components is that they are not thread safe. As these are discovered, they are fixed. But there are over 800 components + components that people create themselves. You do not have to create components yourself, I am just saying that you cannot just trust that the each of the components will work as you expect in a multi-threaded environment. I am saying that you should consider services to be multi-threaded when run in the runtime BUT be prepared to test this. 

Rilhia Solutions
3 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Yes, this is the case....mostly. There did use to be some issues with some components not supporting multi-threading. This will always be an issue since you can create your own components. So it is a good idea to have rapid service call tests to mitigate for this.

Rilhia Solutions
Six Stars

Hi,

What you are saying is that by default my webservice is multithread but I have to be careful because some components can fail?

I don't understand what you say about creating my own components. Does it mean that If I have some problems I should pick some code to fix it? Thanks

Twelve Stars

Services run in the runtime (Apach Karaf) are multi-threaded....not in the Studio. The issue with some components is that they are not thread safe. As these are discovered, they are fixed. But there are over 800 components + components that people create themselves. You do not have to create components yourself, I am just saying that you cannot just trust that the each of the components will work as you expect in a multi-threaded environment. I am saying that you should consider services to be multi-threaded when run in the runtime BUT be prepared to test this. 

Rilhia Solutions