SOAP Service Multihread

Seven Stars

SOAP Service Multihread

Hi, I am not sure if this is the best subforum to ask this question but..I would like to know if a Talend WebService using the SOAP ESB components with the RUNTIME and Karf is multihread by default.

I mean, I have to be able to get two requests at the same time from different sites. If it's not multithread how could I do this?

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: SOAP Service Multihread

Services run in the runtime (Apach Karaf) are multi-threaded....not in the Studio. The issue with some components is that they are not thread safe. As these are discovered, they are fixed. But there are over 800 components + components that people create themselves. You do not have to create components yourself, I am just saying that you cannot just trust that the each of the components will work as you expect in a multi-threaded environment. I am saying that you should consider services to be multi-threaded when run in the runtime BUT be prepared to test this. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Community Manager

Yes, this is the case....mostly. There did use to be some issues with some components not supporting multi-threading. This will always be an issue since you can create your own components. So it is a good idea to have rapid service call tests to mitigate for this.

Highlighted
Seven Stars

Hi,

What you are saying is that by default my webservice is multithread but I have to be careful because some components can fail?

I don't understand what you say about creating my own components. Does it mean that If I have some problems I should pick some code to fix it? Thanks

Community Manager

Services run in the runtime (Apach Karaf) are multi-threaded....not in the Studio. The issue with some components is that they are not thread safe. As these are discovered, they are fixed. But there are over 800 components + components that people create themselves. You do not have to create components yourself, I am just saying that you cannot just trust that the each of the components will work as you expect in a multi-threaded environment. I am saying that you should consider services to be multi-threaded when run in the runtime BUT be prepared to test this. 

View solution in original post

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read