SNMP traps

One Star

SNMP traps

I would be very cool to add SNMP support (send e receive snmp traps), for extending the monitoring possibilities.
One Star

Re: SNMP traps

I too would like to see these types of components. It would be really nice to send traps to a fault management system based on conditions within the job.
Employee

Hi,
This components exists now on our ECOSYSTEM.
You have capability to add the tSNMP component.
You can use the Ecosystem view in your Studio to download/install the component.
Best regards;
One Star

Hi, I just found this thread. I'm the author of this component. If you have any questions, let me know.
I have used this component to send traps to IBM's netcool monitoring software. It works in place of a tWarn.
One Star

Just an update. I have updated this component to be compatible with the latest TOS and TIS
One Star

An SNMP TRAP is a message which is initiated by a network element and sent to the network management system.
For example, a router could send a message if one of it's redundant power supplies fails or a printer could send an SNMP trap when it is out of paper.
In SNMPv1, asynchronous event reports are called traps while they are called notifications in later versions of SNMP.
In SMIv1 MIB modules, traps are defined using the TRAP-TYPE macro;
in SMIv2 MIB modules, traps are defined using the NOTIFICATION-TYPE macro.

Hi Harper. Is there some changes I could make to the component to make it better? I'm not at all a SNMP guy. Just so happen to know enough to make me dangerous.
If there are some suggestions, please let me know.
One Star

Hi Harper. Is there some changes I could make to the component to make it better? I'm not at all a SNMP guy. Just so happen to know enough to make me dangerous.
If there are some suggestions, please let me know.

Hi. We are currently trying your component and we are able to send traps. But as it is not configured we are not able to configure the "agent id" which our spectrum is excepting as it seams (as manual traps identical to the ones sent with the component but with agent id set arrive in Spectrum but the ones from Talend don't.
Is there any chance you have look at this or shall I do a custom change change to the component?
Cheers
Petr
One Star

Hi. We are currently trying your component and we are able to send traps. But as it is not configured we are not able to configure the "agent id" which our spectrum is excepting as it seams (as manual traps identical to the ones sent with the component but with agent id set arrive in Spectrum but the ones from Talend don't.
Is there any chance you have look at this or shall I do a custom change change to the component?
Cheers
Petr

Hi! I'm not sure what the agent id is, but you are more than welcome to make code changes to the component. If you do, send me your updated code and I will update the component in the exchange.
Of reference, here is the SNMP for java that i use: http://www.snmp4j.org/