SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder". TOS 7.0.1 Big Data

Highlighted
Seven Stars

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder". TOS 7.0.1 Big Data

Hi,

I have a job in which I am trying to establish a connection to Cassandra in order to retrieve some data, but I am facing the following issue:

SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further details.

My cql-version is 3.4.5 and release-version is 4.0.0.

Does anyone could help me?

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder". TOS 7.0.1 Big Data

Hi,

I did a select * and it works

All Replies
Seven Stars

Re: SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder". TOS 7.0.1 Big Data

I added classes as discribed in this topic https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=164982 using tLibraryLoad component. I am getting this now:

Sep 04, 2018 4:49:34 PM com.datastax.driver.core.NettyUtil <clinit>
INFO: Detected shaded Netty classes in the classpath; native epoll transport will not work properly, defaulting to NIO.
Sep 04, 2018 4:49:35 PM com.datastax.driver.core.policies.DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy init
INFO: Using data-center name 'Cassandra' for DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy (if this is incorrect, please provide the correct datacenter name with DCAwareRoundRobinPolicy constructor)
Sep 04, 2018 4:49:35 PM com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Manager init
INFO: New Cassandra host localhost/127.0.0.1:9042 added

Does anyone know what does it means?

Seven Stars

Hello,

The SLF4J messages are warnings concerning the logger that you can setup.

Have you checked that your job has successfully been executed? Do you have red error messages in your logs?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Hi,

I am able to establish a connection to Cassandra now and retrieving a table which I want to query. I am having the following error in my log:

Exception in component tCassandraInput_1 (retrieveData)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: "batchlist" is not a column defined in this metadata
at com.datastax.driver.core.ColumnDefinitions.getAllIdx(ColumnDefinitions.java:266)
at com.datastax.driver.core.ColumnDefinitions.getFirstIdx(ColumnDefinitions.java:272)
at com.datastax.driver.core.ArrayBackedRow.getIndexOf(ArrayBackedRow.java:81)
at com.datastax.driver.core.AbstractGettableData.isNull(AbstractGettableData.java:55)
at cre.retrievedata_0_1.retrieveData.tCassandraInput_1Process(retrieveData.java:580)
at cre.retrievedata_0_1.retrieveData.runJobInTOS(retrieveData.java:997)
at cre.retrievedata_0_1.retrieveData.main(retrieveData.java:846)

I am trying to do a simple select just to test the process. I attached my job:

cassandraJob.jpg

Hello,

Do you have problem when you do it in a built-in schema in your job?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seven Stars

Hi,

I have got the same error.

Seven Stars

Am I missing something?

Hello,

According to this exception "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: "batchlist" is not a column defined in this metadata", this happens because there is no column `batchlist` in `Cassandra-txn`, but tCassandraInput component wants to read it.

What's Cassandra version are you using?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Seven Stars

Hi,

but how is that possible? By establish a NOSqlConnection I am able to retrieve table txn with its column. 

I am using clq 3.4.5 Cassandra-version 4.0.0.

Hello,

We presume schemas could not be retrieved properly for Cassandra 4.0.0 on TOS 7.0.1 Big Data.

Here is online installation guide about:TalendHelpCenter: Supported systems, databases and business applications by Talend components.

Cassandra-version 4.0.0. is not list in the supported table.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Seven Stars

Is there a way to face the issue?

I re-checked the version:

cqlsh> SELECT cql_version, release_version FROM system.local;

cql_version | release_version
-------------+-----------------
3.4.5 | 4.0.0.2349

Seven Stars

I Know. Is there a way to solve the issue?

I re-checked the version:

SELECT cql_version, release_version FROM system.local;

cql_version | release_version
-------------+-----------------
       3.4.5 |      4.0.0.2349

Seven Stars

Hi,

I did a select * and it works

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Put Massive Amounts of Data to Work

Learn how to make your data more available, reduce costs and cut your build time

Watch Now

How OTTO Utilizes Big Data to Deliver Personalized Experiences

Read about OTTO's experiences with Big Data and Personalized Experiences

Blog

Talend Integration with Databricks

Take a look at this video about Talend Integration with Databricks

Watch Now