One Star

SDI add routines ?

Hello,
How can I add a new routines to SDI, I can't find the code routines branch like Talend ?
Thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES
One Star

Re: SDI add routines ?

Any help please ?
One Star

Hi Malek,
You could use User routine mechanism to define new routines to SDI... Please, have a look to the TOS documentation for that or have a look to that thread : http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=33414
What do you mean by "the code routines branch like Talend"?
ciao,
Mathieu
One Star

Hi Mathieu,
I can't find routines option on 3.2.0 Windows version of SDI and I have to add a no spatial routines:
http://www.talendforge.org/exchange/tos/extension_view.php?eid=276
Thanks
One Star

Same case here. I'm looking everywhere how to put the Code/Routines in the repository view but no luck. Any solution to this?
One Star

I have SDI 3.2.2 here.
One Star

I'm starting to think that is a problem during the installation. I'm comparing my installation folder and the original rar (SDI-Win32-V3.2.2.zip) and I'm missing a lot of files. It seems related to the filepath length limitation in windows. In the download page we can read:
Warning :
If you are using Windows, do not unzip to your Desktop but directly to your drive (C:\ or other). This is because of a filepath length limitation imposed by the operating system.
Well, i unziped it in c:\ but even there it can't unzip all files due to the length limitation. Any hint or help on this? I can't unzip many files because of that. I don't know if this is the related to my problem of UI, but could be.
For example:
C:\sdi.3.2.2\plugins\org.talend.designer.components.ecosystem_2.2.0.201001131143\org\talend\designer\components\ecosystem\ui\dialog\ImportEcosystemProperty.class
But in zip there are more files in that folder:
ImportEcosystemDialog$ImportCompatibleEcoComponentsComposite$1.class
This one can't be unzipped
Please, some help.
One Star

I managed to fix the filepath length problem. It was really a problem with WINRAR program, that was probably calculating it wrong. With 7Zip I was able to extract everything now. But finally it wasn't the problem ocasionating the missing "Code/Routines" in the repository view...
One Star

Tried SDI 3.2.0 and the same problem. I had to go back to Talend to do a job with routines.
Is it not available or not implemented in SDI the code/routines in view?
If you generate routines with WSDL2Java in a tWebServiceInput they appear under code/routines in Java and Navigator views, but still no trace of Code/Routines in Repository view.
One Star

Nobody have seen this problem before?? Any one using SDI can confirm that the "Code" branch is available or not in the Repository view???
One Star

Nobody have seen this problem before?? Any one using SDI can confirm that the "Code" branch is available or not in the Repository view???

Well, I will answer myself. In TOS + SDI 4.0.1 (Beta) THERE IS the code/routines branch, so I will stick to that version for now.
Cheers