Six Stars

SCDELT component error:

I'm using postgresql ELTSCD component. Its throwing an SQL error on a simple job.

the aliasing happens internally, I'm not sure what is this error pointing at.

Position: 46
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: syntax error at or near "d"
Position: 46

Please see the screenshots for more understanding

8 REPLIES

Re: SCDELT component error:

Hello,

tPostgresqlSCDELT is used as an output component. It requires an input component and Row main link as input.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

I'm unable to connect row main tpostgresqlELTmap to this component. Hence I thought this component works on its own.
Six Stars

@xdshi  this postgresqlSCDELT component can't be connected from any ELTpostgresinput/output components. 

I've tried using it with tpostgresqlinput its throwing the same error. I was reading more on this component(below link) & on the "Source table" it says 'Name of the input DB2 SCD table'.

Can this be used for postgresql to postgresql tables?

may I know if there is an example to use any of the SCDELT components?

https://help.talend.com/reader/vfw2NwIrrNsiOsXIVOrdvA/3d25u8G5ZEd0oCA1Y62~yw

warm regards,

SK

Hello,

Here is a related scenario about:TalendHelpCenter:Creating a Job for tracking data changes in MySQL using SCD.

Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi,
I'm looking for ELTSCD, this is an ETL process in the example. I know how this component works. I'm looking for ELT.

Hello,

Currently, there is no a scenario for ELTSCD. Have you tried to use tfixedflow-->tPostgresqlSCDELT to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Yes I tried, I have reached out to Talend support to send me an sample job for using this component.

I figured that this component works independently with out any input link from their job.

I tried to implement the same, the error still persists. I wonder if the issue is with the component in this version of talend (Talend  integration cloud Saas 6.5.1.20180116)scd error.PNGscd error 1.PNG

Hello,

Could you please check your "Code" tab in your job to see will there be your compile error highlighted in red line? Have you already created a case on support portal about your SCDELT component issue?

Best regards

Sabrina

--