SCD Date Insert/update

One Star

SCD Date Insert/update

Hi,
I'm using SCD component with SDC Type 1. I have a Data field in my target table to mark the record with the date of insert or update.
My source don't have information deltas and I process all records every day. the 1st time that I run my job I populate my date field in target with the currentDate and the problem occurs when I have to run the job again.
I have this scenarios:
OK: If the source Data was the same and the currentDate it's type 0 in SCD component.
NOK: If the source Data was the same and the currentDate it's type 1 in SCD component. (All records assume the new Date without any change)
NOK: If some source Data change and the currentDate it's type 0 in SCD component. (The records were uptates and the Field remains like the first Insertion)
NOK: If some source Data change and the currentDate it's type 1 in SCD component. (The records were uptated and all records assume the new Date even the records without any change)
I don't want to use triggers in database and I'm trying to avoid to use tMap and target LKP instead of SCD.
Any solutions for this scenario?
Regards
One Star

Re: SCD Date Insert/update

Hi
Which version of TOS do you use?
I tried to reproduce this issue under TOS 5.1.0 but failed.
NOK: If some source Data change and the currentDate it's type 0 in SCD component. (The records were uptates and the Field remains like the first Insertion)

The definition of SCD type 0 is values remain as they were at the time of the dimension record was first entered.
So it's OK.
NOK: If the source Data was the same and the currentDate it's type 1 in SCD component. (All records assume the new Date without any change)

What do you mean "All records assume the new Date without any change"?
NOK: If some source Data change and the currentDate it's type 1 in SCD component. (The records were uptated and all records assume the new Date even the records without any change)

Can't reproduce.
Regards,
Pedro