SCD Date Insert/update

One Star

SCD Date Insert/update

Hi,
I'm using SCD component with SDC Type 1. I have a Data field in my target table to mark the record with the date of insert or update.
My source don't have information deltas and I process all records every day. the 1st time that I run my job I populate my date field in target with the currentDate and the problem occurs when I have to run the job again.
I have this scenarios:
OK: If the source Data was the same and the currentDate it's type 0 in SCD component.
NOK: If the source Data was the same and the currentDate it's type 1 in SCD component. (All records assume the new Date without any change)
NOK: If some source Data change and the currentDate it's type 0 in SCD component. (The records were uptates and the Field remains like the first Insertion)
NOK: If some source Data change and the currentDate it's type 1 in SCD component. (The records were uptated and all records assume the new Date even the records without any change)
I don't want to use triggers in database and I'm trying to avoid to use tMap and target LKP instead of SCD.
Any solutions for this scenario?
Regards
One Star

Re: SCD Date Insert/update

Hi
Which version of TOS do you use?
I tried to reproduce this issue under TOS 5.1.0 but failed.
NOK: If some source Data change and the currentDate it's type 0 in SCD component. (The records were uptates and the Field remains like the first Insertion)

The definition of SCD type 0 is values remain as they were at the time of the dimension record was first entered.
So it's OK.
NOK: If the source Data was the same and the currentDate it's type 1 in SCD component. (All records assume the new Date without any change)

What do you mean "All records assume the new Date without any change"?
NOK: If some source Data change and the currentDate it's type 1 in SCD component. (The records were uptated and all records assume the new Date even the records without any change)

Can't reproduce.
Regards,
Pedro

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 2

Part 2 of a series on Context Variables

Blog

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 1

Learn how to do cool things with Context Variables

Blog

Migrate Data from one Database to another with one Job using the Dynamic Schema

Find out how to migrate from one database to another using the Dynamic schema