S3 component - com.amazonaws cannot be resolved to a type

Highlighted
One Star

S3 component - com.amazonaws cannot be resolved to a type

Hi,
I have been trying to get S3 connection up and running without any luck. I have installed all the required .jar filed but it doesn't seem to be recognizing them or importing correctly, I am unsure if I have the correct aws-java-sdk-1.9.3.jar . In addition to the above error message I also get 
   com.amazonaws.regions cannot be resolved
I am running Talend Open studio for data integration v.5.6.3 on mac, testing ts3connection component for region Frankfurt EU.
Can anyone assist pls?
Thanks!
One Star

Re: S3 component - com.amazonaws cannot be resolved to a type

Hi Guys, just an update, managed to get the connection semi-working by downloading aws-java-sdk-1.8.6 and changing its name an importing that jar into modules. Now the problem is that it won't recognize the region... infact all regions are working apart from Frankfurt, have attached screenshots of error below - 
Exception in component tS3Connection_1
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No region provided
    at com.amazonaws.AmazonWebServiceClient.setRegion(AmazonWebServiceClient.java:356)
    at com.amazonaws.services.s3.AmazonS3Client.setRegion(AmazonS3Client.java:500)
any advice?
Cheers
Four Stars

No region provided - Your error messages says that your s3 connection settings configuration is missing information about the region.

Specify the AWS region by selecting a region name from the list or entering a region between double quotation marks (e.g. "us-east-1") in the list. For more information about the AWS Region, see 

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/rande.html#s3_region

Employee

Hi,

When you are using S3 component for the first time, it will prompt to install all the necessary jars including AWS SDK. You can also select the Frankfurt region as shown in the below screenshot.

image.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

15TH OCTOBER, COUNTY HALL, LONDON

Join us at the Community Lounge.

Register Now

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Download