Runtime exception: yyyy-MM-dd can't support the date!

Six Stars

Runtime exception: yyyy-MM-dd can't support the date!

Hi,

I'm trying to compare two string dates in Tmap. The logic is "DCDD - Forecasted_Receipt >=21". I create a local variable to represent "Forecasted_Receipt+21"  so I can use "compareTo()" syntax with another string date.

the local variable I create is TalendDate.addDate(row1.Forecasted_Receipt,"yyyy-MM-dd",21,"dd") with name "FRD21"

and I write Var.FRD21.compareTo(row1.DCDD)<=0  but the output shows below error that I don't know how to fix.

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Nine Stars

Re: Runtime exception: yyyy-MM-dd can't support the date!

Hi,

While adding days to specific date, no need to specify date format.

try this : TalendDate.addDate(Forecasted_Receipt,22,"dd") (Considering Forecasted_Receipt is date datatype)

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi
Six Stars

Thank you!
For now I set string for Forcasted_Receipt so can you advise me in this situation?
Nine Stars

If it is string then first convert string to date then add 21 days to date.

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi
Six Stars

Hi,

If I convert to date data type I can not compare with other date because I use String data type for all.

I used String data type for all date in my report because this will not cause any unparseable date error.

Nine Stars

Hi,

If it is string datatype you can not add number of days. May be you can convert string to date for required field in variable ports and use those variable port for calculation or filter. Use actual string datatype ports for taget.

Regards,

Veeru Boppudi