Running two sub jobs parallel

One Star

Running two sub jobs parallel

Hi ,
PLease let me know how I can run two jobs parallel in talend job?

Thanks and Regards,
Biswajit

Re: Running two sub jobs parallel

Hi,
Which components do you used in your subjob and the connection between component is what? If you use iteration connection, you can set an Iterate link to run parallel iterations. Please see the reference https://help.talend.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=11973280#Raa30748

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I have two sub jobs, Say one is doing the socket connection and other is doing extract from teradata using fastExport.
I want to run this two job parallel.
In previous version we have a component name as tParallelize but for TOS 5.2 it seems to be missing.
How can I use that?

Thanks and Regards,
Biswajit

Hi,
I have two sub jobs, Say one is doing the socket connection and other is doing extract from teradata using fastExport.
I want to run this two job parallel.
In previous version we have a component name as tParallelize but for TOS 5.2 it seems to be missing.
How can I use that?

For tParallelize, this component is only available in Talend Enterprise Subscription release, with community version, open the Job view, click Extra tab and check the 'multi thread execution' option.
See the related article How to use the features in the Extra tab
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the reply.
Can you please give me any example how I can use multithread execution option to run two parallel job.
Any sample job which I can refer to run two sub job parallely using multithread option?
Regards,
Biswajit
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the reply.
Can you please give me any example how I can use multithread execution option to run two parallel job.
Any sample job which I can refer to run two sub job parallely using multithread option?
Regards,
Biswajit

Hi,
I have two sub jobs, one is fetching the file from my local disk and showing the result, the other is just extracting data from file.
I want to run this two job parallel. So check the 'multithread execution' option in Extra tab. Is that what you need?
See my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the reply.
I have a scenario when First Subjob completes then only two parallel sub jobs can start.
If I use multithread execution how can I achieve this scenario?
Thanks and Regards,
BIswajit
Seventeen Stars

You need for this use case two jobs. The first job is your mentioned jobs for the start and the second job contains the two subjobs (the blue underlayed areas) which can run in parallel by switching on the parallel execution option as Sabrina shown.
One Star

Hi jlolling,
Thanks for the reply.
Can you please share me any sample screen shot for that?
I didn't get how I can make my first sub job as mentioned job for the start?

Regards,
Biswajit

Hi,
I think you should create a Parent job for your First Subjob and then create a Child job for only two parallel sub jobs(use multithread execution in Child job ). So that the scenario when First Subjob completes then only two parallel sub jobs can start can be achieved.
Please see the component reference with related scenario tRunjob. It will be helpful for your job design.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the reply.
But the issue with tRunJOb is that if in PArent job I am setting any global variable then how I can get it in my child job?
Please let me know how I can pass global variable values from Parent Job to Child jobs?
Thanks and Regards,
Biswajit

Hi,
The effective scope of a variable is limited to a specific Job, meaning that the variables defined in one Job can't be accessed from other Jobs. If you want to share the same value between different Jobs, you must define context variables in each Job and then pass the value between them.
See the related reference Passing a value from a parent Job to a child Job
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks for the reply Sabrina.

It proved a Great help to me :-)
I need one more help like Now I want to pass the value from child to parent . How I can do that?
Is there any other approach?

Thanks and Regards,
Biswajit

Hi,
To pass a value from child job parent job, you can use tBufferOutput component, please refer to
http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19225
Let us know if you still need any help!

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thanks Again for such a quick reply.
The link which u gave shows how I can pass the variables from Runjob1 to Run job 2. but my issue is how I can get back the status if the sub job run successfully? I want to catch value from my sub job to my Parent Job.

Thanks and Regards,
Biswajit

Hi,
In forum 19225, second floor, shong has replied an answer with a related forum Forum 1654, which is the key one I want to show you.
If you still don't understand it after reading the related forum, I will design a demo job and send the job .zip file to you, don't be worried about it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hai Sabrina,
Thanks for reply and help.
Can you please share me the demo job. I am still unable to get the output back to parent job from child job.

Thanks and Regards,
Biswajit

Hi,
Returning a value from child job to parent job
We will read data from a text file as below in a child job. And populate the total number of rows and pass it to the parent job.
in.txt:
id;name
1;Shong
2;Ross
3;Patrick
First Step
Create a job: let's call it 'ChildJob'. The job design looks likeSmiley Sadpic1)
The components' settings are as below(pic2,3,4)
Second Step
Create a job: let's call it 'ParentJob'. The job design (as below) is called the child job 'ChildJob' on tRunJob_1(pic5)
tJavaRow's setting(pic6)
code on tJavaRow:
System.out.println("The total number of rows is:"+input_row.nb_line);

Third Step
Execute the job; The console has the following output result:
1|Shong
2|Ross
3|Patrick
The total number of rows is:3
Summary
Through the example above, we can see that the most important technical point is using a tBufferOutput component in child job to buffer the records. tRunJob will read the records from the buffer and transfer them to the next component.
Hope it will be helpful for you!
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks again for quick reply.
Can you please share me the bigger images . They are smaller so they are not clearly visible.
anyways Thanks again.

Regards,
Biswajit

Hi Biswajit,
Sorry for the inconvenience. I have updated the screenshots, hope it will help you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
One of my table has duplicates but which is a valid record. So I could not able to set a primary key for it.
Is there any way to differentiate and identify the duplicates records?
Example:
Input:
Name
-------
Shong
Shong
Ross
Shong
Patrick
Ross
I need a output like:
s.no identifier name
----- ---------- -------
1 1 Shong
2 2 Shong
3 1 Ross
4 3 Shong
5 1 Patrick
6 2 Ross
Thanks
Community Manager

Hi Nithesh
You can generate an identifier for each name with the built-in function Numeric.sequence("sequence_name",1,1), see my screenshots.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business