Running the same job conductor job multiple times simultaneously

One Star

Running the same job conductor job multiple times simultaneously

I've created a job that basically copies tables from one database to another, but set it up so I just pass in the source and target tables/databases dynamically via context variables.
That part works great, and I can call the API to trigger the job run with the proper contexts.  However, the problem is that if I trigger that job via API call to TAC, I have to wait for it to end before I call it with a different table.
Ideally, I would want the job to trigger, then detach from the TAC immediately so I can call the same job with different contexts variables and have it run simultaneously with the first call, instead of having to wait for the first call to finish.
I tried setting up a wrapper job that calls the dynamic job via tRunJob with the child process option checked, but the wrapper will still wait for the subjob to complete before I am allowed to call it again.
Is there any way I can accomplish this?
Seventeen Stars

Re: Running the same job conductor job multiple times simultaneously

Tasks in the TAC are generally singleton tasks.
If you want to let a job work out something in parallel you have to do this within the job itself.
For your use case you have to create a task which simply accepts the table name to transfer and starts independently another task which iterates through the table names and starts the actual transfers with a embedded job. This embedded job should be triggered with an iterate -> here you can activate parallel running.
Seven Stars

Re: Running the same job conductor job multiple times simultaneously

were you able to solve the puzzle?