Five Stars

Running Talend job on VM behind Firewall and VPN

Hi all, 

I have build a job in Talend to upsert records from excel into Salesforce. I have tested it and it works from a desktop PC. The client wants to run that same job from a Virtual Machine by their outsourced resources in India. They connect through the F5 VPN and firewall. When we tested the job, we got the "connection timed out" error on connecting to Salesforce. The error showed up quite fast also. The guys I was talking to were not technical so I could debug more.

Are there some restrictions or adjustments to the job that I would need to do to run successfully?

2 REPLIES

Re: Running Talend job on VM behind Firewall and VPN

Hello,

Did you install the VPN on your local system on which Talend is being installed? Is your VPN working well?

More information will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Re: Running Talend job on VM behind Firewall and VPN

Hi, 

I am trying to test on my local machine via an Open Proxy. Data loader works for me with that proxy, but if I set the same IP Address and Port into the Proxy host and Proxy Port in the tSalesforceConnection, it returns "Failed to send request to..."

Screenshot of tSalesforceConnection component setup is attached.