Run mainJob autonomous

Five Stars

Run mainJob autonomous

Hi

I woud like to run mainJob in autonomous ,but when I update the variables of connection in my parameter file . my job run  with the  parametre of context in talend.

Help me please

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: Run mainJob autonomous

Thanks you All , In fact , I had to check  ''transmit the context"  to all subs jobs  and uncheck  using the project setting for all jobs and subs job. So now my settings file is used.

Thanks you

All Replies
Ten Stars

for me the best way is to add a PRD context (current is Default) in Talend then when you build you can chose this context.

I use this way to have password encrypted.

Francois Denis

Tag as "solved" for others! Kudos to thanks!

Five Stars

In fact ,I build with the default context and after in the batch file I change the context path :

--context_param FIC_PARAM=D:\SITERR\PARAMETRES\siterr_parametres.csv

and in my parameter file ,I have  all context variables

Sixteen Stars

Are you talking about changing context variable value sources at runtime? If so, this is easy and there are several ways to do this. You can use the tContextLoad to load the values in from a file or a database. I would urge you NOT to use different contexts (stick with Default). Context variables are great, but Contexts are not implemented well and can lead to a lot of issues when using child jobs. Since you can dynamically set your Context variables at runtime, there is no need to put up with the potential pitfalls of using Contexts.

Whenever I build a Talend framework, I ensure that the jobs run and pick up their Context variables using the configuration of the machine they run on. If they run on a DEV box, they will use DEV Context variables, TEST will use TEST Context variables and Prod will use Prod. This can be achieved using System environment variables on the machines and a little bit of Java. It takes the worry over which environment your job is set to work on away completely.

Ten Stars

There was bug in open version 4 but I think it was solved.
did you update the right .context file?

Francois Denis

Tag as "solved" for others! Kudos to thanks!

Five Stars

Thanks you All , In fact , I had to check  ''transmit the context"  to all subs jobs  and uncheck  using the project setting for all jobs and subs job. So now my settings file is used.

Thanks you