Seven Stars

Run five jobs at the same time : Nothing happens :Error??

Hello

I tried run 5 jobs differents (with differents schemas, String, double, float, nb of rows, columns...) in the same time.

I tried for job child : 

tFixedFlowInput  -> tBufferOutput : with "Use Inline Table" : List of Jobs that i wan run.

After, i make a Job Father :

i add a component : tRun

I check in settings of the tRun : "Job : job child"

And i run and nothing happens. It doesn't work.

I don't understand the tRun.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fifteen Stars

Re: Run five jobs at the same time : Nothing happens :Error??

Read the link I posted. There are two ways to use a tRunJob. You can hardcode the job to be run by simply selecting the Job and NOT ticking "Use Dynamic job". You can make it dynamic by clicking "Use Dynamic Job" and selecting the jobs you wish to run (by clicking on the Job button and selecting every job you wish to run). You ALSO have to supply a variable which will hold the name of the job you wish to run with each iteration. This is the Context Job. This is all explained in the link I sent you 

Rilhia Solutions
6 REPLIES
Fifteen Stars

Can you explain this again, but in more detail. I'm a little confused about this. Are you trying to run 5 jobs concurrently? Or are you just trying to run a job using the tRunJob? If both, you need to separate out these issues and start with getting the tRunJob to run.

If this is to get the tRunJob component to work, can you share a screenshot of your settings?

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

A screenshot, it's better. (Sorry if it is in French, i'm french... Smiley Wink )

I have few jobs to run. I thought run these jobs once with a tRunJob (or an other component?) instead to run job one by one.

If possible...

In these jobs, there are many component inside. I hope that my explanations are better.

jobs.PNG

Fifteen Stars

No problem about the French. Your English is much better than my French :-) 

Your usage of the tRUnJob looks OK. But I *think* I might know what your issue is. You want to run 5 jobs, but using ONE tRunJob component, right? If that is the case you can do this using the "Use dynamic job" option (https://help.talend.com/reader/jomWd_GKqAmTZviwG_oxHQ/1I5EGN1E92B_kquoxHqV1Q).

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

I check "Use dynamic job" with all jobs but it don't work because i must put something in context job?

Fifteen Stars

Read the link I posted. There are two ways to use a tRunJob. You can hardcode the job to be run by simply selecting the Job and NOT ticking "Use Dynamic job". You can make it dynamic by clicking "Use Dynamic Job" and selecting the jobs you wish to run (by clicking on the Job button and selecting every job you wish to run). You ALSO have to supply a variable which will hold the name of the job you wish to run with each iteration. This is the Context Job. This is all explained in the link I sent you 

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

I don't know why, i have done the same job there are a hour but I redid the same thing by reading your link and now it works well.