Row counts removed when Use Statistics' is ticked in 5.4.1

One Star

Row counts removed when Use Statistics' is ticked in 5.4.1

Im trying Open Studio for DI version 5.4.1 and created a new work space, project and job. A simple job with tfixedflowinput to a tlogrow with a few rows of static data. When I run the job I get the normal statistics above each data flow (number or rows, duration and average rows per second) when I turn stat catching on in Job/Stats and Logs and tick 'Use statistics (tStatCatcher)' and write to either the console,file or database when I next run the job I don't get these statistics above each flow.
This is not the way 5.3.1 behaved, regardless of what logging I was doing at the project or job level I would always get row information for each step in my ETL on the screen when running a job.
I cant find any mention of this in known bugs or fixes/changes in the release notes.
Does anyone know if this is meant to happen, if it is a bug or if there is away to switch these stats back on?
Thanks
Seventeen Stars

Re: Row counts removed when Use Statistics' is ticked in 5.4.1

I have seen this behavior when I opened an older workspace. All new jobs runs fine even with statistics.

Hi,
Is this issue repro on other build version?5.4.0? If so, could you please open a jira issue of DI project on Talend Bug Tracker our developer will check it to see if it is a bug.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I am experiencing the same issue on 5.4.1 in a brand-new job.
Four Stars

Also in version 5.4.1 happens, even if the repository contains projects imported from previous versions.
One Star

We received a patch from Talend that fixed this issue. However, if you make any change to any component, all of the row count displays disappear, even if the job is in the middle of running.
One Star

Using Talend version 5.4.1 to open older projects (Talend version 5.1.2), we don't see row count statistics. If create new project, it works well, we still have row count. I have many projects in old version and now it is difficult to follow, debug data streams. Please give me advice to solve it. My old projects have many components and must be done in short time so I can not create all of them again. Thank you!

Hi Nguy?n Duy Khánh,
Using Talend version 5.4.1 to open older projects (Talend version 5.1.2)

Did you use Talend Open Source product or Talend Enterprise Subscription Product?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

I have tried it in the 5.4.1 Enterprise product with a NFR license. This bug can easily reproduced. I guess there is already a ticket in JIRA for it and it is solved in 5.4.2 - I hope. Thats because we wait for our migration until the 5.4.2 release.
One Star

Hi,
Did you find out how to solve this issue ? I am experiencing the same one, it hurts...
Thank you
Community Manager

I suppose this JIRA corresponds to this case: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28848
It's been fixed for 5.4.2.
But if you think this is not quite your case, feel free to log a JIRA asap so that it can be included in the next 5.4.2 release (end of May).