Six Stars

Restoring the default perspective

This one has been driving me nuts for ages! Occasionally I find the screen layout seems to decide for itself to rearrange with one panel - usually the lower Job/Component/Context panel - dominating the and everything else minimised. By various clicks on maximise icons I manage to get the Project Browser/Metadata panel and the Palette to redisplay themselves but haven't found the magic incantation to get the main workflow diagram panel to restore - what is the easiest way to get back to a layout where I have:
Left sidebar - Project & Metadata panels
Middle section - workflow area above tabbed Job/Component/Context windows
Right sidebar - Component Palette
?
TIA,
M
7 REPLIES

Re: Restoring the default perspective

Hi,
Could you post your current situation screenshot into forum?
Are you able to focus your mouse on these windows and click the left key of mouse and hold on to move these windows freely?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Here's the kind of thing I mean - I would hope that opening the Integration perspective would have brought up as per my message with the design canvas showing but it doesn't

Also FWIW If I have the job view panel showing and click on the Job tab, a blank white rectangle is sometimes opened which overlays the design canvas in the top right. Clicking on another tab makes it disappear.
This is all on 6.1.1.20151214_1327 BTW
Is there not a way to save a screen layout as a default and easily get back to it at any time?
Ta,
M

Hi,
It seems you maximize the Component/Context panel window and put the  Job review window on the right?
Are you able to restore them by click "+"?
Please take a look at my screenshots for details and let us know if it is Ok with you.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi,
I am facing this situation from few days i.e unable to restore my perspective to default view.I am unable to see my repository and other job components witbh palete as well
Attached is current view in p1.png and need to bring back the original view of the perspective in p2.png below.
Help from Talend team would be appreciated.
Best Regards

Best Regards

Hi,
Can you click "Restore" button on your top left(or right)? Is there any icon for job design, run window...on your side?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Four Stars

Thank you! 
i restored by using reset perspective option in following path
Window--> Reset perspective

Hi,
Great you can restore your perspective. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina
--