One Star

Restart ability of Talend jobs

In case of job execution failure, how does Talend provide/guarantee data consistency? Can the code rollback to a point automatically so that the ETL is consistent. Is there a feature which can re-start the execution from the point of failure?
5 REPLIES
Five Stars

Re: Restart ability of Talend jobs

Yes you can restart/ recover form where job failed, but you need to have enterprise/subscription version for that. 
In open studio you can implement it by custom logic. 

Hi,
Are you talking about checkpoint for doing some kind of "Error Recovery" ? If so, please take a look at documents: TalendHelpCenter:What are recovery checkpoints, TalendHelpCenter:Recovering the execution of a Job and TalendHelpCenter:How to recover Job execution in case of failure.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Highlighted
Five Stars

Right Sabrina, I was Talking about Checkpoint. 

Hi atulkhot87,
Is it OK with you? Feel free to post your issue here.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

If Talend job fails then I want to run again, so how to maintain restart ability where I don't want to run the already completed sub job's I am expecting only failed job's need  to run. So how can I integrate that future in Talend enterprise version, currently I am using Talend enterprise version for bigdata. 
Pls let me know the restart ability future in Talend.