Highlighted
Seven Stars

Response From Sales Force On Addition

Hi,

I have to insert records from my database table in to Sales Force. As per my understanding for this we need to use connectors (tSalesForceOutPut or tSalesForceOutPutBilk) provided for Sales Force.

Here is my query:-

Can any one please help me how to fetch response from SalesForce regarding addition/updation/deletion operations which we have performed using Talend Job.

Here is an example regarding addition of records

1. Suppose there are 15 records fetched from local data base table which need to be inserted in to Sales Force.
  2. Out of 15 records sent for addition only 1 got failed and 14 got inserted in to Sales Force.
  3. I want to get the values of uniqueid of all these 14 records from SalesForce. You can call these uniqueids as SalesForceID which gets generated when ever a record is created in Sales Force.
  4. After getting these ID values i want to update these ID values in my local data base table.
  5. Also in addition we need to get the exact error message which got generated for the 1 record which couldn't be added in to SalesForce.
  6. I want to update the error message in my local data base table for that record.

Can any one please tell me how can we fetch the response from Sales Force for addition of records in Sales Force?

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

2 REPLIES
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: Response From Sales Force On Addition

Hi,
The simplest way is to use tSalesforceOutputBulkExec component.
You'll get 2 flows after this component:
- 1 for succeded operations in which you'll get the ID for new records and an indicator for new or updated records
- 2 for rejected operations in which you'll have the full error messages.
You can achieve the same with tSalesforceOutput but you have to deal with different options.
You can search for other posts regarding Salesforce on the forum for détails and examples.

TRF
Forteen Stars TRF
Forteen Stars

Re: Response From Sales Force On Addition

Hi,

Does this works?

If so, thank's to mark your case as solved (Kudos also accepted).

TRF