Remove blank space - csv file

One Star

Remove blank space - csv file

Hi everyone,
How to remove blank space at Talend job? I check 'Trim All Columns' at FileInputDelimited Advanced Settings. But when I recheck at SQL Server table. The data inserted is wrong cause it affect another columns value by set it NULL.
Attached are csv file, image files of my job and error I received.
Please help me on this matter. I'm still new to Talend.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Remove blank space - csv file

Hi,
I have seen your pic and found that something wrong with the string "getati sintetik dalam bentul<primer", what is the full source strings? Can you find "getati sintetik dalam bentul<primer" has been inserted in your DB?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
The full one is this - " Pembuatan kimia asas, baja dan sebatian nitrogen, plastik dan
getati sintetik dalam bentul< primer"
Looks like the string is in embedded newline format at Excel field. Do you know how to solve this?
Thanks!

Hi,
How about setting the length of string longer in schema or change it in source file by manual. Actually, I have no idea about it. But I will consult my colleague and give you a satisfied response asap.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

hi all
seems that you have a carriage return in your String.
Use editor that is possible to see "invisible caracter" and check if you have \n or \r (or both) in your String.
In that case, if you have \n as a row delimiter, it's effectively a new line for the parser.
Change delimiter or a best way for me, clean you data before use it (propagate further)
hope it help
regards
laurent
Seventeen Stars

If you need the line break in your values, enclose values with " . In this case this line break will not used as data set delimiter.
Seventeen Stars

+1 Smiley Happy