Five Stars

Remove Blank Cells in spreadsheet and shift cells left

Hello. I have set of data where multiple values of same information is spread accros columns. I would need to use something like in Excel when you mark all blank cells in the area, hit delete and shift cells left. I have too large set of data which just cannot be processed by Excel, so Im wondering if this could be somehow achieved using DI. See the sample picture attached if it is unclear. Many thanks for help
3 REPLIES

Re: Remove Blank Cells in spreadsheet and shift cells left

Hi,
Have you tried to check out "Trim" option to trim the leading and trailing white space in advanced settings of tfileinputexcel component?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina. Thanks, but I think the Trim option only allows me to remove leading and trailing whitespaces within cells, correct? What I need is to remove entire cell which is empty and shift left all cells which are now right. Does it make sense from the picture? Many thanks for help 
One Star

Hi,
Push the record from Excel to a field where values are separated by ";" then use a regex to replace multiple ";" (let say ";;;") by a single ";" and finally push the result back to an Excel file.
Regards,
TRF