Seven Stars

Remote Desktop From Talend DI

Hi,

I need to connect to Windows server machine from talend and from there need to connect to another windows machine and need to list all the file names in the specified location. Is this possible in talend, could please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Bharath.

9 REPLIES
Twelve Stars

Re: Remote Desktop From Talend DI

You can navigate file systems, SSH, Telnet, FTP.....you name it. So I would say the answer is yes. Unfortunately you will need to be a bit more specific to be told how you can do it.

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Hi rhall,

Thanks for your reply.

I am having a windows server 2003 OS machine, from this machine we need to connect to another windows machine and need to get the list of files from the specified location.

Present we doing it manually,

1. Connecting to Windows server machine using Remote Desktop connection from my local machine.

2. After connecting to this machine from here we are connecting to another machine using Remote Desktop connection

3. And from this machine we are accessing the files.

This process should be done through talend. Will that be possible.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Twelve Stars

Not through remote desktop as you are currently doing it, but you can through telnet or SSH. You will need to make sure that these services are available on your Windows machines first. My assumption is that you cannot just access network drives.

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

What you said ok, but we don't have access to machines to install/configure SSH/Telnet.

So we have to connect through talend only. Is there any option.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Twelve Stars

No, there is no option for ANY tool in that case. 

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Didn't you just mention in the previous post that "
Present we doing it manually,
1. Connecting to Windows server machine using Remote Desktop connection from my local machine.
2. After connecting to this machine from here we are connecting to another machine using Remote Desktop connection
3. And from this machine we are accessing the files."

If you are accessing the servers manually, install a service or setup a network share. Once you set that up, Talend can do entirely what you want selecting a protocol as @rhall_2_0 also suggested
Seven Stars

Hi,

Installing service or setting up a network share is OK.

But i need to achieve this using talend.

Thanks,

Bharath.

Twelve Stars

Talend is just a data integration application. It makes use of protocols that are available to it for communication. It provides the "client" side functionality, but it cannot possibly be expected to provide the server side automatically, without any manual configuration. If it could, it would be the most awesome piece of hacking software available. Talend can act as a client for communicating in a multitude of ways, but you will need to configure your systems with services for it to use.

Rilhia Solutions
Seven Stars

Ok thanks for your reply.

But if there is a chance i will try to configure what you said.

Thanks,

Bharath.